Australia’s only solar panel manufacturer has been opened by the Prime Minister of Australia, the Honorable Julia Gillard.
Also present were the SA Premier The Honorable Jay Weatherill, Federal Member for Makin Tony Zappia and SA Minister Tom Koutsantonis.
Tindo Solar, Australia’s only manufacturer of solar (PV) modules. World class 60 MW solar module plant. Establishment of a new manufacturing industry for Australia.
Adelaide, South Australia, 26th October 2012 – The Tindo solar panel is a world class, high quality and innovative panel that is new to the Australian public. Managing Director Mr. Adrian Ferraretto describes the key attributes of the AC module as;
1. Enhanced electricity production – traditional DC panels need to wired in “strings” with the performance of each string reduced by the lowest performing panel in each string. Research evidence confirms at least 15% additional performance with an AC panel.
2. Owners of an AC module system can observe real time the performance of each and every panel via the internet or smart phone
3. The micro inverter has an industry first 25 year warranty
The Prime Minister stated that today two myths had been put to rest;
1. that Australia cannot create a new innovative high quality manufacturing business and compete with overseas products. Tindo Solar’s success shows that our future lies in a high skills, high wage, high innovation economy
2. that the world class Tindo Solar manufacturing plant shows that something could be done in the face of climate change through installation of a solar system like the Tindo Karra 240 which assist the environment while creating new manufacturing jobs in Australia .
The Prime Minister also acknowledged the impact of cheap imported products on a business like Tindo Solar and stated that “I am aware of the issue and the Australian Government is currently exploring options to remedy”.
Tindo’s Manager of People and Business says that “the interest received so far by the public across Australia confirms our believe that Australians want to select an Australian made solar module that has quality and performance embedded in each panel and at a price not a great deal different to imported panels.
Mr. Inwood said “that above all we are proud to be offering the Australian public a panel that is made by Australian’s”.
Tindo Solar is a 60MW plant = 240,000 panels per annum
Tindo Solar’s new plant can make a new panel in less than 3 min
Tindo Solar is a wholly Australian owned and privately funded business
Source: Tindo Solar
For more information on: Tindo Solar