We often get asked by people, "Where is the best place for green jobs?"
We've put together this list of the best cities in America currently for green jobs. A number of factors went into this list by CleanEdge.The amount of clean-tech and green tech investment going into each city, if there is already green jobs in the city.
1. San Francisco -- Oakland -- San Jose, CA
2. Los Angeles -- Riverside -- Orange County, CA
3. New York -- Northern New Jersey -- Long Island, NY, NJ, CT, PA
4. Boston -- Worcester -- Lawrence -- Lowell -- Brockton, MA, NH
5. Washington -- Baltimore, DC, MD, VA, WV
6. Denver-Boulder-Greeley, CO
7. Seattle -- Tacoma -- Bremerton, WA
8. Portland -- Salem, OR
9. Chicago -- Gary -- Kenosha, Il, IN, WI
10. Sacramento -- Yolo County, CA
11. San Diego, CA
12. Austin -- San Marcos, TX
13. Phoenix, AZ
14. Detroit -- Ann Arbor, MI
15. Houston -- Galveston -- Brazoria, TX
Even with this list we always encourage candidates to consider solar jobs, wind jobs, environmental jobs, sustainable jobs, etc. wherever you live.
These cities certain don't have a monopoly on green jobs and the clean-tech sector.