Why Work for MEC?
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 13 years in a row. That recognition isn’t handed out without a lot of hard work and dedication from the 3,000 employee shareholders at MEC. Did we say shareholders? YES! MEC is an employee-owned company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 20 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in eight states.
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
- Three plus months of related experience is preferred.
- Must be able to work orders and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrated detail-orientation, self-motivation skills, and ability to multi-task.
- LEADS BY EXAMPLE and promotes and supports safety and other management objectives.
Schedule & Benefits
- Regular 1st Shift full-time hours Monday - Thursday 5:00AM - 3:30PM
- Regular 2nd Shift full-time hours Monday - Thursday 3:30PM - 2:00AM
- $1.50/hr 2nd shift premium
- Overtime on Fridays and Saturdays (as needed)
- Part-time and flex scheduling available
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Medical, Dental, Vision available after 30 days
- Flex spending account
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Company-paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D
- Optional add-ons: additional Short Term Disability, additional Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance