Position Purpose: Winrock International is searching for an experienced Accountant to be responsible for treasury and cash flow management and monitoring operations. The accountant must possess relevant previous accounting and finance experience and is motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
Position Overview: This position is a member of the general accounting department and routinely partners with stakeholders at all levels throughout the organization, including global program development, operational services, and other finance team members. This position will be responsible for assisting with cash flow management and forecasting, balance sheet reconciliations, updating fixed assets, and preparing audit schedules. Winrock International strives to maintain a positive atmosphere by providing remote working capabilities, flexible work schedules, and other healthy lifestyle opportunities.
- Prepare cash flow management strategy, including making timely draws from federal payment systems (PMS and ASAP), transfers from advance-funded special purpose bank accounts, and requests for draws on the line of credit.
- Ensures accurate and timely cash transaction journalization, forecast cash needs, and regularly report on key cash metrics.
- Partners with the Sr. Manager, Accounting on treasury operations (for domestic and international bank account portfolios), including bank relationship management, reporting deposits, and handling treasury platform inquiries.
- Performs monthly financial review and closing procedures for specific financial statement areas, including manual journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and roll-forwards.
- Contributes to the annual consolidated financial statement audit process, the preparation of Form 990, and other compliance reports and filings.
- Identifies and makes recommendations for enhancements to streamline and automate current system processes.
- Assists with other compliance and fiduciary duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance required. CPA is a plus.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate accounting.
Computer/Technical Skills: Experience with banking platforms. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills via email, IM, and phone with courtesy, tact, and specificity at all levels within the organization.
Language: Fluency in English required.
Required Travel: No regular travel requirements.
- Understands and properly applies Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong individual contributor with a personal drive to excel, requiring minimal oversight and properly prioritizes regular assignments and special projects simultaneously.
- Delivers work that is organized, on-time, and accurate, and able to strike the right balance of attention to the big picture and manage small details.
- High-proficiency learner and versatile to operate in multiple functions of the finance team.
- Thinks critically to evaluate a range of options and makes decisions effectively and can articulate recommendations to stakeholders.
- Approaches challenges with personal motivation, curiosity, self-confidence, and energy; willing to try something new and learn from mistakes.
- Ask questions, challenge norms, and provide plausible improvements.
Physical Demands: Sitting for long periods of time as expected with typical office and desk work.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes, and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity, and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion, and equity across the entire organization.