At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Digital Marketing and Commerce
A little bit about our team:
The mission of the Digital Marketing department is to drive fandom, music consumption, D2C purchases and social conversation/engagement using innovative digital marketing strategies. The team is responsible for all aspects of an artist’s digital presence including digital narrative development, digital advertising, social content ideation, influencer campaigns, digital advertising, CRM, social/digital partner activations, content seeding, websites, etc. We work directly with the artists to translate the vision of their music into groundbreaking digital campaigns and provide in-depth creative consulting geared toward growing a highly engaged fanbase.
The Warner Records Commercial Revenue department is responsible for all aspects of digital streaming, digital download and physical sales to achieve the company’s revenue goals as well as helping to break new artists within commercial channels.
This position will assist the SVP’s of two departments: Digital Marketing and Commercial Revenue.
As an Administrative Assistant at Warner Records, you will have a front-row seat to the inner workings of a major record label. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who has a results-driven, proactive, entrepreneurial, and problem-solving approach. You will support and work alongside a motivated, experienced, and incredibly busy pair of executives in our DTLA headquarters. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can easily prioritize a multitude of competing demands, this role is for you.
Here you’ll get to:
- Administrative Duties
- Manage phones and maintain calendar for appointments, calls, meetings, VIP visitors, key projects, and travel
- Arrange conference calls, in-person meetings, and offsite meetings including setting up dial-ins, booking conference rooms, coordinating attendance, ordering supplies/food, and interfacing with the A/V team
- Submit, track, and submit timesheets and expense reports in a timely manner
- Coordinate travel arrangements and travel itinerary, including booking flights and hotels
- Attend calls and meetings, as requested, providing detailed and accurate recaps of the discussion with follow-up steps
- Maintain project and staff roster documents
- Order office supplies, merchandise, promo, and other goods
- Print, scan, photocopy, and format documents as needed
- Collect shipment information, put packages together, and deliver to mail room
- Maintain and update department time off tracker (sick, personal, and vacation days)
- Rally internal assets of the company (IT, Office Services, etc.) as needed
- Weekly set up of team meetings including arranging seating to accommodate large group, gathering and setting up audio/visual companions, etc.
- Closely work and communicate with various internal departments to answer questions, broker solutions, handle requests, and disseminate information
- Department duties
- Stay up to date on new social and digital technology in the marketplace
- Research influencers, new blogs, and other partnership opportunities
- Develop presentation decks for global conferences and quarterly open forums
- Pull sales numbers as needed from Soundscan, Sales Inquiry, World Wide Sales, and Tableau
- Maintain and organize monthly tour grid, collecting and submitting ticket requests for the departments
- Maintain executive documents including IO grid, ships and scans report, soundscan information, and venue scans
- Create Keynote, PowerPoint, and account presentation materials as needed
- Create one sheets for all products in special programs, such as Black Friday, Start Your Ear Off Right, Record Store Day, etc.
- Keep team informed of all new release activity as it pertains to street dates, projections, & discounting.
- Work with accounts on delivering assets needed to market a title (i.e. cover art, pricing)
- Work with Operations & Production team on new release scheduling and ensure content is delivered to all partners on schedule; rectify any issues that exist
- Create tour dates for artist websites and social media
- Maintain invites & RSVP’s for artist showcases & events
- Review and update artist social and web properties
- Collect songs for and update playlists on Spotify, Apple Music, etc.
- Locate, curate, edit, and maintain digital libraries/databases including Sales CMS, digital marketing asset library
- Create and track SmartURLs as needed (for releases, ticket sales, streams, etc)
- Participate in weekly brainstorms around artist content, learning from the team how to conceptualize and execute digital strategies
- Submit and manage requests to other departments using JIRA, email, and other tools
- Perform basic design work such as resizing photos for social posting
- Daily maintenance of invoice processing including vendor set up in SAP, working with Business Affairs to determine recoupability for each project, coding in Ariba, submitting to accounts payable, and liaising with necessary parties to ensure all invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Draft weekly updates, reports, and summary sheets for campaigns as needed using our internal suite of tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Comprehensive experience with PC and Mac platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (graphing))
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of and passion for social media, music streaming, and digital platforms
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in high pressure environment.
- Effective online research methods
- Confidence, trustworthiness, and outstanding problem solving skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet strict deadlines, and possess a proactive style that anticipates problems before they arise
- Strong follow-up and follow-through
- Creative self-starter with outstanding people skills
- Possess a desire to learn more, to ask questions, and to grow with an outstanding team
We’d love it if you also had:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 0-2 years of experience working as executive assistant
- Experience in Digital Marketing or Music Business a plus
Warner Records is home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time. Our extraordinary roster of new and established recording artists is unparalleled, and our collective influence on music culture is without precedent. With a visionary approach toward discovering and nurturing musical talent, the Warner Records family of labels is currently home to an impressive generation of major artists.
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Salary Range$19.75 to $22.00 Hourly
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Links to relevant documents:
2023 Benefits At A Glance.pdf
EVerify Participation Poster.pdf
Right To Work - English.pdf
Right to Work - Spanish.pdf