Joining the Versova family of companies is more than just starting a new job. When you are employed by Versova, you immediately are part of something bigger – a team of dedicated individuals working under a common set of core values and guiding principles. As an organization and as individuals within that organization, we are guided by principles that include excellence, ownership, initiative, execution, and continuous improvement.
The Versova team is built from people who will integrate our shared values into their lives and work with our companies. Together we celebrate our collective efforts, perform to our highest potential, help others, enrich our communities, and maintain strong ethical standards and accountability for our actions.
Our expectation of our team members is that every employee will take ownership by accepting accountability for their actions and proactively take initiative to execute any task. Our team members are good stewards of our people, birds, product, and equipment. Our team members also possess an attitude of servant leadership by always asking “what can I do to help”. Finally, by continuously striving to improve, our team members are driving our organization to be the premier egg producer in the world.
Team members that share and embrace our philosophy can expect (FARM XXXX NAME HERE) to provide opportunities for growth and clear paths toward advancement in our company.
Our business and commitment to service is built around the following Core Values, which we instill in all our employees:
- Safety & Security
As an Agricultural Systems Technician, you would be responsible for the maintenance and repair of various mechanical, electrical, and conveying systems/types of industrial equipment for a poultry production plant. Will perform preventative and predictive maintenance. Will perform periodic testing, inspections, troubleshooting and repairs. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently, and effectively. This position supports the daily achievement of production goals through ensuring the proper functionality of our machines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform general maintenance and routine checks on housing systems, including ventilation, water, feed, egg, and manure equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and track different types of conveyor belts
- Troubleshooting and replace or repair drive chains, gears, belts, pullies, shafts, rollers, electric motors, and gear boxes
- Responsible for maintaining tools, keeping them clean and in good working condition. Keep work area organized, clean and free to move in
- Occasional use of ALL-TERRAIN forklift and standard man-lifts equipment
- Works in a safe manner to protect themselves and co-workers
- Identify unsafe conditions and corrects. Report any safety and quality issues to management
- Work around animals in confined areas
- When working in poultry houses follows all compliance, food safety, and biosecurity rules, policies, and procedures. Reports any violations to a supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Additional trade or technical school education for maintenance, mechanical, welding, or electrical, are a plus
- Prefer 2+ years of experience in industrial, commercial, or facility systems maintenance
- Maintenance experience in the poultry or agriculture industry preferred
- Basic electrical knowledge and previous use of basic electrical testing devices
- Reading and comprehension skills necessary to read, understand and follow SOP’s and other written instructions or work details
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers and management
- Sound work ethic, honesty, team oriented and moral character
- Attention to detail and ability to follow work assignments
- Experience with safety/equipment such as LOTO, harnesses, lanyards, hoists, and PPE a plus
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull 75+lbs
- Ability to work in various climate conditions including extreme heat and cold environments. Walking, climbing (ladders and stairs), standing, and sitting for long periods of time, heights up to 75’, and able to work in confined spaces
Join Layer 5 of Trillium Farms) and become part of a winning team!
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.