CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Retail Division in Central Washington. We are looking for a motivated self-starter to join our growing agriculture organization to be an Agronomy Sales Representative. If you are located in or near Moses Lake, WA, this could be a great opportunity for you! You will work with farmers, ranchers and producers to promote the proper use of crop protection products, plant food, seed and other services offered at the cooperative to area producers by making on-the-farm sales presentations.
The pay range for the role is a minimum of $66,000k - $
- Execute sales plans to achieve sales goals and increase profitability through implementation of sales, marketing and consulting processes for products and services.
- Evaluate current customer programs and develop sales and marketing plans and programs to meet complex business needs while growing the business.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, distribution, operations, technical staff and credit to heighten the visibility and impact of sales calls and improve efficiency and profitability.
- Facilitate positive long-term relationships with suppliers and customers to create long term repeat business.
- Identify needs and provide consultative services for businesses and customers by combining established relationships with product, marketing and technical skills.
- Prepare sales presentations, contracts, bids and proposals to ensure successful outcome of transactions.
- Provide training to staff and customers.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner. Service customer complaints and inquiries.
- Lead sales projects and act as a mentor to less experienced sales staff.
- Develop knowledge of multiple products and apply this knowledge in all aspects of the job.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Collaborate with other CHS divisions to leverage business relationships, growing the CHS enterprise.
- Forecast supply requirements by month and annual basis.
- Manage P and L for an assigned territory
- Product Training
- CHS Sales Training
- National Sales Certification available
- Computer Training on CRM Software
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in Sales, Business Development, and/or Sales Business Operations
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Outside sales experience to include: presentations, utilizing persuasive negotiation skills, customer service, conflict resolution, and working independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.