At Lewis, we provide the stability of a long-standing, employee-owned company with the progressive nature of a growing, improvement-minded future. We’re the second-largest utility vegetation management company in North America… and always growing. We’re in the people success business, we just happen to trim trees.
Why you’ll love being part of the Lewis Family:
- We are empowered to share our talents. We care deeply. We conquer challenges. We respect our differences. We trust each other. We keep each other safe. Together, we do great things.
- We offer for Union positions:
- Competitive pay
- Specialized paid training & certifications
- Career advancement opportunities
- Local 42 Benefits
- Employee assistance program
- That everyone on the team matters
- That we don’t constrain workers in order to create safety, we ask workers what they need to do work safely, reliably, and productively.
- That workers aren’t the problem; workers are the problem solvers.
- That through diversity we build strength
- That being an employee-owned company (ESOP), it provides future financial stability for our employees
- That when you join the Lewis Tree Team, your potential is unlimited
Why you'll love this Job:
- You love the outdoors: you enjoy varying environments/weather, not afraid to get dirty, adventurous
- You are open to new ideas: willing to listen and observe, humble
- You are self-motivated: driven, strong work ethic, willing to “do what it takes”
- You are adaptable: can think on your feet, nimble, flexible
- You are collaborative: strong people skills, able to give and receive constructive feedback, willing to speak-up
What you’ll do as a Crew Team Leader at Lewis:
- Responsibility for daily production requirements of assigned crews.
- Provides General Foreman or other designee with accurate payroll and revenue information of assigned crews.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the positive enforcement of the company's and customer's policies, procedures, and daily work requirements.
- Observes, supports, and provides guidance to Crew Leaders in achieving maximum results in operational priorities.
- Oversees all OSHA and ANSI Standards as well as all company safety and personnel policies.
- Assists the General Foreman with equipment repairs and the scheduling of Preventive Maintenance.
- Assists the General Foreman in the bidding of work.
- Obtains necessary permissions for crews to begin work.
- Contacts local officials or departments to ensure smooth flow of work.
- Promptly and professionally handles any customer or homeowner complaints.
- Communicates daily with General Foreman on crew activity, equipment problems, and safety or any other pertinent issues. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Conducts self in manner consistent with the Mission and Values of the Company.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a Crew Leader, or equivalent to.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with general public, customers, fellow employees, supervisors and corporate personnel.
- Must have met all qualifications of a Crew Leader.
- Must be well groomed and professionally dressed.
- Must be willing to travel which may include overnight stays.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Herbicide Applicators or Operators Certification license, ISA certification and/ or other certifications as required by the job.
- Understand that hours of service will typically exceed that of a Crew Leader.
- Must be computer literate and ability to read maps.
- Must by physically able to walk utility lines, both on and off the road.
- Have a valid driver’s license, CDL and/or medical certificate required for the vehicle being operated.
- Ability to obtain First Aid and CPR cards
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and job duty skills tests
Our DEI Promise:
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is key to the success of our business. We respect the differences among us, and we leverage those differences to create an environment where all employees feel welcome and fairly treated. We seek the best solutions possible by attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where all perspectives are sought and valued.
Lewis Tree Service is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity for both applicants and employees. Lewis Tree Service prohibits unlawful discrimination or harassment of employees and applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age (40+), religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic, all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, apprenticeship, promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Lewis Tree Service’s practices and policies are administered in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.