At Lewis, we provide the stability of a long-standing, employee-owned company with the progressive nature of a growing, improvement-minded future. We’re the second-largest utility vegetation management company in North America… and always growing.
We’re in the people success business, we just happen to trim trees.
HIRING BONUS: $1000 for CDL Class A or B drivers.
Why you’ll love being part of the Lewis Family:
- We are empowered to share our talents. We care deeply. We conquer challenges. We respect our differences. We trust each other. We keep each other safe. Together, we do great things.
- We offer for Non-Union positions:
- Competitive pay
- Specialized paid training & certifications
- Career advancement opportunities
- Affordable health insurance plans including Dental, Vision and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement plans including Employee stock ownership and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- That everyone on the team matters
- That we don’t constrain workers in order to create safety, we ask workers what they need to do work safely, reliably, and productively.
- That workers aren’t the problem; workers are the problem solvers.
- That through diversity we build strength
- That being an employee-owned company (ESOP), it provides future financial stability for our employees
- That when you join the Lewis Tree Team, your potential is unlimited
Why you'll love this Job:
- You love the outdoors: you enjoy varying environments/weather, not afraid to get dirty, adventurous
- You are open to new ideas: willing to listen and observe, humble
- You are self-motivated: driven, strong work ethic, willing to “do what it takes”
- You are adaptable: can think on your feet, nimble, flexible
- You are collaborative: strong people skills, able to give and receive constructive feedback, willing to speak-up
What you’ll do as a Trimmer/Climber at Lewis:
- Be part of a tight-knit crew working in a team environment
- Perform line clearing and tree trimming duties for Lewis Tree Service’s utility customers including pruning treetops and limbs, trimming or removal of at-risk/damaged trees as well as removing broken limbs from wires, roofs, etc.
- Climb trees and operate a bucket for trimming and removals in and above the power lines.
- Prepare, operate, and maintain all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts.
- Remove limbs and brush, cleanup and dispose of debris.
- Mixing and apply spray chemicals, preserving desirable vegetation
- Safeguard employees and the public from hazards in and around the working area. Help enforce on-the-job safety practices.
What you’ll need:
- At least one year’s experience working as a Trimmer/Climber, working around utility wires.
- Knowledge of trees including identification, growth habits and correct arboriculture techniques for the trimming, pruning, repairing, maintaining, and removing, as applicable to working close to energized conductors.
- Experience in tree climbing, knot tying and PPE
- Ability to perform physical labor such as lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. to shoulder height or more.â¯
- Capable of operating two-handed equipment (chain saw, circular saw, etc.) and have the physical ability to endure extreme climate variances.â¯
- Willing and able to obtain specialized training and certifications as required, such as Local, state and federal licenses
- Ability to obtain First Aid and CPR cards
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and job duty skills tests
- Ability to obtain valid Driver’s License
Our DEI Promise:
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is key to the success of our business. We respect the differences among us, and we leverage those differences to create an environment where all employees feel welcome and fairly treated. We seek the best solutions possible by attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where all perspectives are sought and valued.
Lewis Tree Service is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity for both applicants and employees. Lewis Tree Service prohibits unlawful discrimination or harassment of employees and applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age (40+), religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic, all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, apprenticeship, promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Lewis Tree Service’s practices and policies are administered in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.