A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
City: [[Miami, FL]]
C.A.P. Government, Inc. is seeking to hire an individual who is highly motivated, detail-oriented, and a team player as a certified Arborist.
Talent is essential to meeting our client's objectives, goals, and challenges. Candidates must possess a professional demeanor, have technical and industry experience, and be team players.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish processes and procedures for accurately and effectively verifying onsite that all municipal landscaping and tree mitigation requirements are met before, during, and (maintained) after completion of construction, whether property development occurs through direct issuance of a building permit or an approved zoning case or plat.
- Prior to construction and through the platting and zoning process, work with commercial property owners, developers, and design professionals to identify existing tree species onsite and maximize the preservation of the urban forest, assisting them in compliance with tree calculation requirements; Inspect landscaping and verify proper tree protection during construction.
- Verify correct quantities and calipers/sizes of trees before issuance of a certificate of occupancy (CO).
- Keep detailed records of all site visits, which includes periodic reporting to managers and/or the department director to demonstrate compliance; Participate on a variety of committees.
- Coordinate tree removal and planting on public lands; provide functional oversight of park operations crews for the purpose of assuring the maintenance and appearance of City lands, and the proper care of their trees.
- Coordinate urban forestry activities with those of other divisions and outside agencies and organizations; act as technical advisor to other departments; perform tree appraisals and risk management.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and effectiveness of urban forestry programs, methods, and procedures; collaborate with others toward their continuous improvement.’
- May supervise forestry and horticulture crews; daily work assignments, to train and manage personnel.
- May administer large transplanting maintenance programs and tree planting programs with KIB and various volunteer groups and contractors.
- Provide information to citizens concerning urban forestry; develop presentations for neighborhood associations, and organizations, while also representing municipal forestry interests to agencies and the public.
- Act as Incident Commander during emergency response related to tree debris and tree hazard mitigation.
- Identify diseased trees, determining the feasibility of preserving specific trees.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Horticulture, Botany, Forestry, Landscape Architecture, or closely related field.
- Three to five years of arboricultural, horticultural, or professional landscape management experience including some field experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
License, Certification, & Experience
- Certified Arborist as issued through the International Society of Arboriculture.
- Knowledge of tree species and characteristics of trees is a plus.
- Knowledge of proper tree care techniques, including watering, mulching, corrective pruning, fertilizing, and insect and disease control is a plus.
- City codes pertaining to trees and basic landscape design is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Workplace / Veterans
Our firm is committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to NorthAmericaTA@bureauveritas.com.
We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: