At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Assembly & Test Technician - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Euclid, OH
Assemble, test, inspect, clean and package electromechanical systems and sub systems, such as Control Rod Drive Mechanisms, in accordance with applicable procedures and specifications.
What we offer:
- Non-exempt salary position
- Shift Premiums: 2nd & 3rd both offer 8% of hourly rate
- Overtime: Saturday is pay and half, Sunday is double pay
- Medical, dental, and vision are offered to be effective the first of the month following date of hire
- 401k Company Match
- Relocation is offered to those who qualify
- Time Off –
- Two (2) weeks’ vacation (prorated)
- Eleven (11) paid holidays
- 2nd shift has option to work 9-hour days to have additional 26 Fridays off per year
- Active employee life insurance with supplemental opportunities
- Safety glasses and boot reimbursements offered
- Assemble and test control rod drive mechanisms, and sub-assembly components such as AC stators and DC coils.
- Inspect, clean and package product for shipment.
- Perform various electrical measurements, such as resistance, insulation resistance, and dielectric strength tests on AC/DC circuits.
- Perform precision mechanical adjustments to complex, high-value components.
- Perform assembly and test operations on development products in accordance with detailed engineering instructions.
- Maintain Assembly and Test facility equipment. Maintain cleanliness of A&T facility to meet MIL-STD-767 requirements.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Associates degree in mechanical or electronic technology is preferred.
- Three (3) years' experience in a precision Electromechanical Assembly & Test environment.
- Must be available to work any shift per business need.
- Must be capable of performing assigned tasks from ladders and raised platforms.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.