|Join our team of servant leaders and make a difference in people's lives! Founded in 1894 by The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, Concordia University, Nebraska is a private, coeducational institution of higher learning. The main campus is located in Seward, (population 7,000). If you thrive in a community driven environment, you will enjoy Concordia University and Seward's classic small-town community feel with access to the state's capital, just 30 minutes away. If you want to learn more about Concordia University, Nebraska please visit www.cune.edu.
Assistant, Associate, or Professor of Agriculture Science
Position Summary: This position involves full-time planning, teaching, and assessing learning outcomes of agricultural science in the classroom, in agriculture labs, and in agricultural field experiences, and advising students. This position will work closely with the faculty and staff of the Department of Natural Sciences and Business Administration to develop and enhance the Agriculture Science, Agribusiness Concentration, and Agriculture Education curricula and utilize and maintain the facilities of the Dunklau Center for Science, Math, and Business for educational and student research activities, and assist the faculty in these activities.
- Teaches Agricultural Science course as needed and as agreed upon by other Agriculture Science faculty and the Chair of the Natural Sciences Department.
- Prepares course materials including syllabi, assignments, projects, and exams.
- Evaluate student work and assigns grades.
- Provides support for curriculum and program assessment, growth, and development of agricultural science.
- Co-leads with other agriculture science faculty the continued development of the Agricultural Science program, which includes developing curriculum and course materials.
- Maintains relationships with regional agriculture enterprises for field experiences, field trips, and internship opportunities.
- Serves a leading role in marketing and recruitment for the Agricultural Science program.
- Serves as an advisor for students in the Agricultural Science program.
- Mentors students involved in research and the on-campus student Agricultural Science Club.
- Provides leadership for student internships and job opportunities including maintaining and establishing contacts in business and industry.
- Participates in campus activities and serves on faculty and institutional committees, as assigned.
- Other general faculty duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Agricultural Science (or a closely related area) required.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Science (or a closely related area) preferred or a willingness to pursue a Ph.D. degree.
- Minimum of three years in high school in school-based agricultural education, university teaching agricultural based courses, cooperative extension, or agricultural industry that provided proficiency in:
- Curriculum planning, course development, assessment, best teaching, and administrative practices in an acceptable subset of the following areas: Animal Science, Plant Science, Food Science, and Agribusiness
- Effective student-friendly advising and mentoring skills at the university level.
- Developing leadership in student-led Ag clubs.
- Networking and creating educational opportunities within agricultural enterprises
- Must be proficient in technology use and able to use various technologies supported by the university.
- Ability to communicate professionally with a diverse constituency both on and off-campus
- Ability to communicate and mentor students in the Agricultural Science program.
- Ability to provide a leading role in the oversight of a growing Agricultural Science program.
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional Ag enterprises to take students for courses.
- Ability and willingness to engage in recruitment activities for the program.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
- a cover letter,
- a curriculum vita,
- a statement of educational philosophy,
- copies of all academic transcripts, and
- three letters of recommendation with contact information.
*Please note that all documents should be combined in one file that is uploaded or emailed to email@example.com