The Connecticut Green Bank [hereafter "Green Bank"] is seeking an Associate, Data Analytics and Compliance to support its growing team.
As a part of the Data Analytics and Impact Team, the Associate will monitor and assist with analytical projects related to the Green Bank's program and system performance, including sourcing and normalizing data from a variety of internal and external sources, building queries, reports, and dashboards, automating processes, and providing interpretation of data regarding customer savings, loan performance, program progress to greenhouse gas reduction targets, development of metrics around resiliency and environmental infrastructure, market penetration, and system performance. Additionally, the Associate will be responsible for tracking items owed to the Green Bank as terms of financing agreements with their related covenants and ensuring that counterparties are in compliance with these agreements, while seeking ways to automate these processes where possible.
The Green Bank, a quasi-public authority, is the nation's first state-level "Green Bank," leveraging public funds to increase and accelerate private investment in the green economy of Connecticut. Working at the Green Bank means being part of a dynamic team of talented people who are passionate about implementing the green bank model, stimulating the growth and development of clean energy and environmental infrastructure investment in Connecticut, and growing our economy, strengthening our communities, and protecting our environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Individual responsibilities may include:
- Developing dashboards and analytical reports as requested that are used to monitor the progress and growth of Green Bank programs;
- Assisting with the integration of data from Salesforce to SQL and to bespoke lending platforms;
- Creating new tables for payment details to get better insight into the Green Bank's battery storage program;
- Working with the Data and Impact team to improve data warehouse governance and best practices that advance our organizational capabilities;
- Assisting with the development of a data collection, analysis, tracking and reporting system to assess up-to-date performance against key-performance indicators [KPIs];
- Producing reports to determine the performance of the overall portfolio of projects;
- Creating systems to track all internal and external documentation relating to investments, and ensuring that all investments are properly, completely, and timely recorded in Green Bank electronic databases;
- Reviewing the performance of and compliance with investment terms and conditions by all Green Bank clients and counterparties, including timely delivery of all reporting and other notices, and in the case of any deviations from requirements, providing succinct summaries thereof;
- Facilitating the oversight of system performance reviews with product teams to ensure accurate data is captured;
- Building, updating, and monitoring systems and models to track investment portfolio performance; and,
- Related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The following minimum qualifications in knowledge, skill and ability are required:
- Demonstrated capabilities in SQL and Microsoft PowerBI;
- Knowledge and experience with Salesforce, SharePoint, Python, and ArcGIS preferred but not required;
- Knowledge of project monitoring, contract management and database management;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment based on knowledge of the department program and/or process;
- Ability to facilitate communication with contractors, project developers and others;
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software programs as necessary;
- Ability to understand various scientific and energy-related technological principles and applications;
- Strong interpersonal skills involving the ability to work with management and a variety of other parties, at all levels, internally and externally;
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously through oral and written communications;
- Experience working in a team environment;
- Strong interest in making a positive impact in clean energy and the environment.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
A Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration, data science, finance, economics, or a related field or a minimum of three  years of relevant work experience ["General Experience"] is required.
College training in business or a related field may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen  semester hours equaling one-half [1/2] year of experience to a maximum of four  years for a Bachelor's degree.
- This position reports directly to the Vice President, Operations.
- It is expected that the position will be based in the Green Bank's Hartford or Stamford, CT offices, with opportunities for some remote work.
- State of CT benefits package, including generous time-off, health insurance covering medical, dental and vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, and paid leave.
- Expected salary ranges from $65,000 - $75,000, but the final salary will be commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Frequent communications, verbal and written, both qualitative and quantitative
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe, and assess
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers typing and/or writing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please follow the link below and click on the "Associate, Data Analytics and Compliance" position. Please submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.