Clearance Requirement: Must be US Citizen and should be able to obtain DHS FEMA clearance.
Business Analysts needed to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve the efficiency and performance of the systems. The Business Analyst needs to have experience working with projects on Data Mapping and Data Migration.
- Define and document customer business functions and processes. Work with customers in gathering business requirements for data migration needs.
- Work with subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate, document, and communicate the data migration requirements.
- Assist in designing, planning, and managing the data migration process. Maintain and monitor project sprint plans, project schedules, and other related documentation coordinate tasks among the team members organize and participate in stakeholder meetings track and follow up on important actions and decisions.
- Work across multiple projects to understand data usage and implications for data migration.
- Act as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, information technology analysts, consultants, and other governmental organizations in the analysis, testing and maintenance of web application systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Perform source system data analysis in order to manage source-to-target data mapping.
- Perform migration and testing of static data and transaction data from one core system to another.
- Perform data migration audit, reconciliation, and exception reporting.
- Track and fully document changes for functional and business specifications.
- Perform quality assurance review of deliverables for both internal and external delivery.
- Perform change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and document business rules, functions, and requirements.
- Proficient in all business documentation including SRS, Use cases, concept documents, and other impact analysis artifacts.
- Distill and present results to all levels of the organization in clear, business language.
- Provide support for a variety of meetings, conferences, and program activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline with at least 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- Expertise working on Data Mapping and Data Migration projects. Experience with at least one (1) data migration effort (both planning and implementation)
- Understand data elements and their relationships between the source and target tables/fields.
- Experience writing simple SQL queries and working with databases such as Oracle/PostgreSQL
- Experience with data surveys and data calls
- Experience working on data structures, data relationships, and business rules.
- Leads/facilitates data mapping work with source data POC’s.
- Coordinates/schedules/manages data mapping and crosswalk effort.
- Prefer candidates who have working experience with On-prem to cloud & cloud to cloud data migration experience.
- Must be able to communicate complex business concepts clearly, both oral and written, and interpret user requests.
- Must be able to work on more than one project at a time and across multiple teams.
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence.
- Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions.
- Experience in developing Job Flow, Business Process and Functional Flow diagrams.
- Hands on experience with requirements management tools