You will be a key member of the Applied US Energy Business Development team focused on driving sales growth within Wind Energy across the company’s many businesses in the platform. The ideal candidate will use organization, communication, and analytical skills to build and expand our business in the market by helping to develop existing accounts and helping to gain new business to meet/exceed established goals.
· Assist with RFQs (request for quotes) directly from customers and from the stores. This will include a vast amount of time working up and midstream in the energy market to match Applied’s capabilities to potential customer needs to secure business. Heavy quoting and sourcing of products and pricing.
· Plan, implement, and manage customer agreements and programs using high level selling and negotiating skills.
· Research, evaluate, generate, and establish account agreements. Collect data from stores and personnel to analyze potential. Work with customers regarding feasibility, opportunities, and benefits
· Identify margin improvement opportunities within contracted accounts and positively impact both acquisition and rebated margins.
· Generate, document, and manage value-added ROI for your customers.
· Create and give presentations to current and potential strategic accounts; create and prepare reports as requested by customer or management.
· Act as a liaison between Applied US Energy company locations and customers; assist locations, regional and area management in selling value of agreements to local customer facilities; keep customer advised of developments; handle complaints, work with corporate, store and customer personnel to correct problems and meet the needs of targeted customers; guide stores regarding returns and pricing.
· 5+ years professional Business Development experience in an industrial setting to include value added services and solutions, with proven metrics / results
· Excel proficiency
· Use of proper English grammar, written and verbal
· Valid driver’s license
·Wind Energy Experience preferred (training is available)
· Tenacity, confidence
· Ability to learn and apply new information quickly
- Bachelor's Degree, Sales or Business preferred
· Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
· Solid organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
Applied US Energy, Inc., a subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies, is a distributor of products, services and expertise to customers in the upstream and midstream segments of the oil & gas industry. Production equipment includes pumps, valves, metering devices, and more; value-added services encompass design, repair, and testing, to name just a few. Applied US Energy operates from locations in Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana and Colorado, and includes the well-known oil & gas companies Reliance Industrial Products, Knox Oil Field Supply, Ira Pump & Supply, and affiliate Texas Oilpatch Services.
Parent company Applied Industrial Technologies is a leading distributor of bearings, power transmission products, engineered fluid power, specialty flow control solutions, and other industrial supplies, serving MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber, fluid power, and flow control shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to its customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.