It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
_We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business._
Provide business planning and risk support to designated management groups for a broad range of financial and business issues with a high level of independence. Respond to budgetary and financial challenges while being proactive to addressing business needs.
Responsible for development, coordination, tracking and execution, to include:
• Business and financial control of corporate budget development and budget change management, staffing control and reporting, and senior management financial reporting.
• Develop and monitor organizational cost performance vs. budget by analyzing variances and cost trends, and developing recommendations for corrective actions. Provide monthly financial summaries to supported managers and projects.
• Capital and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) project controls and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) information. Provide technical direction and assistance to project managers and engineers in using the tools and processes for developing project scope, detailed project schedules, cost estimates, and perform financial analysis and control activities in support of the project manager.
• Recommend corrective action as appropriate to recover cost and schedule to established baselines.
• Maintenance, improvement, and monitoring of the Columbia Station (CGS) Long-range Plan (LRP) used to determine Capital and Expense projects that populate the LRP in accordance with procedure requirements. This may also include the LRP for corporate and ESD.
• Ensure key risks related to these activities have been identified and compensating internal controls are in place and institutionalized.
• Understanding of Change Management process
• Intrapersonal/Interpersonal proactive collaboration within department and external customers
Perform special assignments using knowledge gained through experience and education. Conduct benchmarking studies for business-related issues.
Must participate on the Emergency Response team (ERO) when designated. Must support the biennial refueling outage.
**REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE**
Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 7 years of industrial level experience working with financial/accounting/budgeting/risk position, preferably within a large company or profit center, OR an AA degree and 9 years of industrial level experience working with financial/accounting/budgeting/risk position, preferably within a large company or profit center, OR a High school diploma or GED and 11 years of industrial level experience working with financial/accounting/budgeting/risk position, preferably within a large company or profit center.
Salary: $94,148 - $141,222
Typically, selected candidates are hired between the minimum and midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience and qualifications, market rate, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.
Offers will be negotiated based on each candidate's qualifications.
This role is eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan. Incentives are earned based on employee performance against defined metrics and company goals.
Energy Northwest (EN) offers a highly competitive and substantial benefits package which allows qualifying employees (and their families) to enroll in medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Other voluntary benefits may include flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, supplemental life insurances, credit monitoring, and identity theft insurance. EN offers three retirement programs to qualifying employees including a matching 401(k) deferred compensation plan, the Washington State Pension Plan (PERS), and a 457(b) savings plan. Qualifying employees will also accrue 160 hours of personal time per year and nine paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate due to race, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
EEO is the law, click here to learn more (http://www.energy-northwest.com/whoweare/joinourteam/Documents/EEO%20is%20the%20Law%20poster.pdf) .
As a regional leader in clean energy generation and public power solutions, Energy Northwest develops, owns and operates a diverse mix of electricity generating resources, including hydro, solar, battery storage and wind projects – and the Northwest’s only nuclear power facility. Energy Northwest is a Washington state joint operating agency comprised of 27 public power member utilities, serving more than 1.5 million customers. The agency continually explores new generation projects and solutions to meet its members’ needs.