|Loc Performance Products, LLC
provides full services for complex mechanical products, fabricated structures and systems that range from complete design services to prototype manufacturing, testing, production launch, full rate production and product service and sustainment. Loc provides quality products and services at affordable prices through a lean organizational structure and four facilities, three in Michigan and one in Texas, that span 910,000 square feet. The Plymouth, MI facility serves as corporate headquarters and specializes in suspension, driveline and track systems. The Lansing and Lapeer Michigan based facilities specialize in fabrications and armor product solutions. Loc’s Texas facility, located near the Army customer’s Red River Army Depot in Texas, supports product kitting and integration for both the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) and Bradley Fighting Vehicle platforms. Visit our Website at http://www.locper.com
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Approved Date: 8/22/22
Job Title: Business unit leader
Summary Carries out lead responsibilities for business unit programs. This is including facilitating with material flow on the production floor and reporting out to the program team of status of programs that are in their responsibility. This will be a working leader position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Help facilitate product flow and ensure product is being delivered to weld cell when needed.
- Gives input on production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to ensure necessary materials are available.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet standard rates.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Helps setup workstations to ensure work area is safe and ready for fabrications.
- Ensures all necessary technical documents are available and ready for use.
- Assists in continuous improvement activities.
- Ensures technical issues are resolved by working with quality and engineering.
- Works with business unit team and able to report out on status of programs.
- Communicates with team on milestone dates of programs and ensures achieving dates.
- Planning for team members to ensure material is available to weld.
To perform the job successfully, an individual will need to perform the following competencies.
Quantity of Work
The quantity of work produced and the promptness with which it is completed.
Quality of Work
The ability displayed and accuracy of work produced, meeting company standards, and requiring little to no rework.
Judgement/Knowledge of Job
Knowledge of job, techniques, skills, equipment, procedures, materials, etc.
Punctuality and attendance.
Willingness and cooperativeness with co-workers and supervisors; ability to accept constructive criticism.
The degree to which an employee searches out new tasks and expands their ability to perform assigned tasks without direct supervision.
Adherence to Policy
Follow quality environmental policies and have knowledge of AS9100 and IS14001.
Adherence to Safety
Follow safety procedures, security protocol, and wear proper PPE.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loc Performance is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.