U.S. Citizenship is Required. Ability to qualify for a US Department of Defense security clearance required.
Toyon is seeking Software Engineers capable of developing CPU intensive physics-based modeling and simulation software in C++. This software engineering position is an opportunity to work on a development team with senior staff members guiding development of mission-critical planning and decision-support applications for government customers. Motivation and drive to implement robust software systems with intuitive user interfaces is required. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated software engineering capabilities and success working in a collaborative environment with configuration management and version control tools.
Software Engineers with at least 7 years professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or engineering are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate for the Software Engineer C++ position will have the following experience, skills, and ambition:
- Excellent thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with others to conceptualize and collaboratively solve problems
- Strong math skills, particularly for implementation of optimization and search methods
- Experience with coding and testing numerical methods
- Software development in C++ (Rust, Java or C# are acceptable)
- Ability to configure and maintain virtual machines and host servers
- Additional experience in the following is helpful:
- Coordinate Conversion
- Thread Safety
- Asynchronous IO
- Boost, WxWidgets, and CMake
WE OFFER AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE!
- Competitive Industry Pay
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical Insurance Premiums
- HSA with Employer Contributions
- Dental and Vision Coverage Options
- Company Funded 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plans
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Life and Disability Insurance
The annual pay range for the Software Engineer C++ position is $120,000 to $175,000.
The posted pay range values provide the candidate with guidance on annual base compensation for the position, exclusive of overtime, bonus, and benefits-related compensation, over a range of qualifications that may fit hiring objectives. Toyon Research Corporation will consider the individual candidate’s education, work experience, applicable knowledge, skills and training, among other factors, when preparing an offer of employment.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.