Carbon Capture Senior Consultant
Advisian – the consulting arm of Worley. Be part of the solution.
The dual challenge of supplying energy to a growing population, while addressing the risks of climate change, is one of the greatest challenges the world is facing today. The energy transition isn’t just about alternative fuels, power generation, or use, or storage. It’s all the elements that contribute to the energy ecosystem. We view these challenges as opportunities to deliver a more sustainable world.
We’re developing strategies and business cases for emissions intensive clients to move to low carbon energy options, as efficiently and safely as possible. Our consultants are advising customers on circular and hydrogen economies, water stewardship, electrification, and climate change risk and adaptation. We work on projects around the globe. The problems are global and so are we.
Who we are\:
Challenging complexity. Shaping a sustainable future.
Economic viability. Resource availability. Digital reliability. Carbon neutrality. These are the components of the world’s pressing energy and resource problems. Sound complicated and tough to balance? It is.
Luckily we thrive in complex environments
Join a community of consultants, scientists, strategists, and engineers all dedicated to solving the world’s critical infrastructure, environmental, energy, and resource challenges. By seeing
things from a different perspective, we enhance the Worley Group’s ability to serve our clients. We are together delivering a more sustainable world.
We put sustainability at the heart of everything we do
We work with business to develop the right strategy, log in to a digital future, secure and safeguard social license, enhance local communities, and power the energy transition.
We know we won’t solve today’s problems by using the same thinking that created them. So, from start to finish, we challenge ourselves to find the best way forward. We question every decision, assumption, and way of working to make sure we get it right. The first time.
Rising to the challenge, together
We are thousands of consultants across the globe. Be part of the future – welcome to our growing team!
We are hiring a Carbon Capture Senior Consultant to join our dynamic and diverse team and be central to our growth strategy.
Advisian’s Carbon Capture business is growing rapidly. We are hiring a Carbon Capture subject matter expert to meet this demand and expand our market. The successful candidate will make significant contributions to our bottom line by increasing our win rates, strengthening our offerings, improving our work product, and contributing to growth into new markets. The ideal candidate will also have experience in other areas of decarbonization such as reforming and blue Carbon Capture ammonia.
The Low-Carbon Team focuses on two inter-related offerings and we are organized along these lines,
although we share work and resources across the teams as needed\:
- Low-Carbon Technology Team focused on the specific application and analysis of the implementation of low-carbon technologies that enable the product of low-carbon fuels and carbon reduction, including
- Carbon capture
- Low carbon-intensity hydrogen and related products\: e.g. ammonia and methanol.
- Chemical recycling
- Plastics recycling
- Low-Carbon Strategy Team\: Focused on carbon reduction roadmaps, application of carbon-reduction incentives, and product Life Cycle Analysis (LCA).
- Serve as the technical lead for Carbon Capture-related studies. This will include studies that require feasibility studies, business case development, configuration, technology selection, performance estimates, cost estimating, and technical due diligence.
- Providing input and details on scope, execution, and schedule for Carbon Capture Study Proposals. This will include leading and supporting written proposals
- Support of Carbon Capture sales opportunities; demonstrating expertise while explaining options.
- Active role in marketing and business development for Carbon Capture.
- Participation in growth strategy development in the Carbon Capture Market.
- Training other consultants to execute Carbon Capture projects.
- Serve as a specialist for Carbon Capture across Advisian and the Worley.
- Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent
- 15+ years of relevant process engineering and/or operations experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience with Carbon Capture including
- integration with supporting unit operations (compression, storage)
- Utilities (water, power, etc).
- Yield, OpEx and CapEx estimation.
- Familiarity with the commercial and leading-edge Carbon Capture technologies and the trade-offs of each.
- Familiarity with the trade-offs and options for CC application to flue gases, refining off-gases (e.g., FCC), direct air capture, etc.
- Process modelling knowledge using Aspen/HYSYS, PROII,
- Experience with PetroSim, PetroPlan UniSim, and HTRI.
- Experience with the following is a significant bonus\:
- Reforming (ATR and SMR),
- Blue-Hydrogen / Ammonia
- Green Hydrogen
This position is open to remote working. Preference is given to candidates local our main offices\: Houston, Chicago, Toronto, Calgary, or Los Angeles.
- Direct sales and business development experience preferred but not essential
- Fluently communicate in English
- Able and willing to travel on short-duration business trips up to 15%.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
Advisian (part of the Worley Group) offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within the US and overseas.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviours, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Advisian (part of the Worley Group) is an equal opportunity employer.