Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Category Advisor will conduct studies to develop high level trends, informing marketing and market research. In this role, you will analyze and translate complex consumer and market insights into strategies and tactics to define targeted customer segments and associated messaging.
- Deliver weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly category performance reports and key insights to the customer’s buying team.
- Supervise and implement point of sales and merchandising standards and modular development aligned with the category and performance goals.
- Execute and implement all strategic efforts to influence shelf, feature and assortment decisions based on the guidelines from the merchant team.
- Lead and execute all on seasonal relays, new location openings and special projects.
- Collaborate with merchant teams to develop space and assortment recommendations that are relevant for customers and consumers.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- Experience in branding and communication activities with buyers and senior management (or other outside stakeholders)
- Experience with space planning software (Blue Yonder Space Planning)
- Experience with Syndicated data (NIQ/Circana)
- Intermediate to expert level skills in Excel and the rest of Microsoft Office
- Strong background with sales data tracking software
- Experience with ShelfIQ
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableu or PowerBI)
- Experience with Panel Data sources
- Adaptability to the evolving modular processes
- Intellectual Curiosity
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet