If you're passionate about the design and function of the built environment, find beauty in and want to protect the natural environment, and want to work with others that feel the same, join our team! LaBella’s multi-disciplinary team of architects, designers, engineers, managers, and environmental scientists work every day to make our world more functional, beautiful, and safe.
LaBella is an employee-owned firm with annual accolades for workplace culture, growth, ethics, and philanthropy. We cultivate each employee’s growth, expand our expertise, and bring out the best in every client project.Job Overview
We are currently seeking a qualified and motivated Civil Engineer with a passion for renewable energy projects. Qualified candidates will excel at contributing to all phases of Civil Engineering projects including the development of schematic drawings, performing detailed calculations, working within teams in a collaborative manner throughout our geographies, producing effective and high-quality drawings, supporting project managers through the municipal or state approval process, and supporting projects throughout construction as they progress to final closeout. The ability to communicate effectively using verbal, graphic, and written means is paramount and a necessity for this position.Responsibilities
- Assist with production of high-quality permit-level and Issued for Construction (IFC) drawing packages.
- Assist with municipal and state approval processes for utility-scale, distributed generation and behind-the-meter renewable projects, as well as other civil engineering projects.
- Contribute to all phases of Renewable Energy and other Civil Engineering projects under the leadership of a project manager.
- Assist in the development of stormwater management design, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, stormwater pollution prevention plans (SWPPPs), and stormwater drainage reports.
- Develop an understanding of local/state jurisdictional requirements for utility-scale and distributed generation renewable energy applications.
- Minimum requirements include a BS in Civil Engineering. A PE is not a requirement, but pursuit of one is encouraged.
- Experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D is essential.
- Ideal candidates will have experience designing and working with renewable energy projects and are motivated by the benefit to the community and to future generations that these projects provide.
The specific salary offered may be influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to the candidate's relevant experience, education, and work location.
Body, mind, and wallet—LaBella’s benefits support a holistic approach to your health and wellness, creating the foundation for physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our benefit offerings cover the must-haves (healthcare and retirement), the just-in-cases (insurances and employee assistance programs), and the cherry-on-tops (fitness reimbursements, year-end incentive pay, and tuition assistance). Visit our website for more details on benefits listed below.
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Leadership Development Program
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
LaBella is committed to facilitating a culture where diversity, equity, and inclusion are respected, valued, and celebrated by implementing thoughtful, practical, and innovative strategies that support our employees and serve the communities in which we reside. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
LaBella Associates does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting professionals or agencies, nor do we accept resumes from any source that does not reference a specific, open position. LaBella Associates will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resume submitted by recruiting professionals or agencies that do not have a current placement fee agreement with LaBella Associates. All initial communication with recruiting professionals or agencies must go through human resources.