Pillen Family Farms is a family owned business located in Nebraska. We market approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything we do. From family members to team members, to even our pigs we believe in treating others with respect and as part of our family.
- This is a construction position is involved in many aspects of farm maintaining our buildings in good repair.
- Position will require handling repairing the facilities including general construction repairs to wooden structures, offices, curtains, windows, doors, siding, roofing, plumbing, etc.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General construction and repairs to building structures
- Repairs/replacement of ventilation curtains, air inlets and fan louvers
- Curtain machine repair/replacement
- Installing and repairing filter boxes and filters.
- Repairs or replacement of water systems
- Repairs or replacement of propane piping
- Repair or replacement of walk though doors and garage doors
- Cool Cell system repairs.
- Knowledge of general construction practices. Swine facility knowledge is beneficial but will train.
- Ability to safely operate power tools, including saws, drills, nail guns, etc
- Must be able to reach, bend, and stoop frequently.
- Continuous walking and standing; a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Comply with all bio-security, safety, and animal welfare policies.
Pillen Family Farms