Join the Origis Energy Team!
Origis Energy is bringing clean and cost effective solar and energy storage solutions within reach for utility, commercial, industrial and public sector clients. The Origis team has worked to ensure the interests of all stakeholders are upheld in 170 projects worldwide totaling over 4 gigawatts to date of developed solar and energy storage capacity.
The Origis team, regarded as one of the leading developers in the U.S., is committed to living five core values in all interactions both with each other and external stakeholders:
Solve for Tomorrow. A role with Origis Energy puts you at the forefront of the transition to clean energy. Are you ready to bring new ideas? Do you exist to find solutions? That’s how we revolutionize energy and build a carbon-free future - through unmatched service and relentless innovation.
Rise Together. To succeed here, you’ll collaborate with others and work as one team, across various teams including solar and energy storage development, financing, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operations, maintenance and asset management. Are you open to diverse perspectives and prepared to work seamlessly across disciplines to reach our collective goals?
Perform at Peak. We’re seeking team members who bring authentic energy and passion to every task. How can you use your natural strengths, genuine optimism and intelligence to make your greatest contributions to Origis?
Inspire & Grow. The Origis team is comprised of knowledgeable, passionate solar and energy storage experts who bring deep expertise and solution-driven thinking to clients. A successful Origis team member encourages others and sets a high bar for growth. We have a culture of continuous improvement because each team member takes the role of both learner and mentor.
Be Resilient. The spirit in which we tackle the energy challenges and objectives of our clients means we consistently stretch for the extra mile. We all take initiative and remain adaptable, overcoming obstacles by prioritizing respect.
The Electrical QA/QC Field Tech works under the supervision of the Origis Site Representative for the duration of the electrical installation, testing and commissioning of the PV facility. The Electrical QA/QC Field Tech will sample and perform quality checks throughout the construction of our solar project located in Prewitt, NM and will provide oversight of construction practices and workmanship of subcontractors for all phases of construction. Applicant needs to have experience and a strong understanding of PV construction practices and procedures, workflow and an ability to identify issues with manpower, equipment or process. The ideal candidate must have the ability to maintain a high level of project quality and safety standards.
- Promote and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures
- Inspect and ensure the quality of work performed during the daily activities of the overall construction of the project, included but not limited to roads, environmental (SWPPP), excavations, solar racking and PV installation, underground utilities, electrical terminations, above ground electrical system, and a wide variety of other mechanical and electrical equipment
- Perform and record daily inspections of work completed by subcontractors
- Review engineered drawings and verify that subcontractors are performing installation per specifications
- Generate reports of conditions found during inspection activities and notify Origis Site Representative of significant problems.
- Detects deficiencies and addresses deficiencies in a timely and effective manner
- Compare site production and progress rates to milestone schedules and report any negative schedule impacts to the Origis Site Representative
- Work safely around construction equipment and machinery
- Set up, adjustment and operation of equipment required to perform inspections (tablet, tape measure, torque wrench, digital level, etc.)
- Clean, maintain and calibrate testing equipment used to perform inspections
- Daily equipment inspections
- Assist in investigating technical problems
- Assist Origis Site Representative in receiving of materials procured by Origis
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Origis Site Representative
- Demonstrates good organizational, planning and time management skills
- Must plan and conduct daily activities in a highly organized manner to ensure all QAQC data are properly and accurately recorded.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Must have a valid driver license and ability to operate a UTV
- Previous PV construction experience required
- Must be able to read and interpret engineered drawings and technical procedures
- OSHA 10 preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work extended hours in outdoor environment
- Proficient in MS Office and computer skills
- Must have basic math skills
- Proactive in safety and work well in a team environment
Location: This position will be project based in Prewitt, NM with per diem.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Origis Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOC) and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences as that is what makes our employees unique. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.