Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $975 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
The Digital Strategy team at Blackstone is a nimble group that oversees a dynamic digital communications strategy focused on strengthening the Blackstone brand and supporting our business groups. As we expand our team in line with business demand, we’re looking for a smart, entrepreneurial professional to take on a new role and lead the firm’s marketing research and analytics capabilities across the globe, working to enhance our brand and drive commercial growth through marketing and communications.
- Design and oversee a firmwide research framework that aligns with business needs and equips the marketing organization with a deep understanding of the views, values, and expectations of our audience and key stakeholders
- Lead the firm’s global reputation measurement and tracking across audiences on multiple dimensions in a meaningful way through the creation of a reputation measurement framework
- Designing and executing research plans that drive business decisions across the marketing organization, leveraging quantitative, qualitative and hybrid methodologies
- Applying research on an ongoing basis to better understand priority topics and themes, including brand health tracking, consideration, advertising effectiveness, creative development, and issues-based message testing
- Oversee, document, and help execute the firm’s audience segmentation approach globally
- Onboard new tools and datasets where required to give a holistic view of our target audiences globally and build out the firm’s data repository
- Oversee firmwide marketing’s analytics strategy, including determining key data sources, identifying KPIs and building analytics models to drive insightful decision-making
- Distill complex data and analyses into simple, digestible takeaways and present to senior stakeholders
- Drive adoption of an audience-first approach by translating research findings into ongoing actionable takeaways for marketing and communications teams
- Taking over relationships with market research agencies, consultants and commission net new partners
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must have:
- 7+ years of experience working in consumer insights and research roles
- Hands-on experience in research with experience in identifying audience attitudes, motivations/reputational drivers and needs through research techniques designed to inform brand and marketing decisions
- In-depth knowledge of research methodologies and tactics, including but not limited to qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods
- Expertise in every aspect of the research process including proposal writing, survey/questionnaire design, analysis reporting and presenting
- Can demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including experience in synthesizing various information sources into clear, succinct presentations for senior management that answer core business challenges and drive decision-making
- Is confident in networking effectively within Blackstone to ensure that insight is being conducted and used effectively, and to spot opportunities to introduce and improve existing processes with data and insights
- Experience working with web analytics and social listening tools
- Experience working with data visualization tool(s), such as Tableau
- An engaging communication style with the ability to unambiguously convey insights derived from complex data sets
- Ability to building strong relationships with colleagues in order to succeed in cross-functional teams and build partnership
- Strong business skills and knowledge of commercial processes, market landscape and stakeholder segments
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter, organized, motivated and contributes positively to the collegial atmosphere of the team
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred but not required:
- Familiarity with performance analytics methodologies, such as regression analyses and attribution modeling
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:$215,000 - $250,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual's experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.