When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
Senior Product Owner, Field Digital Marketing Tool
Corporate Marketing is comprised of collaborative, strategic problem solvers who challenge each other and are energized to design, build and activate connected, personalized experiences to solve business problems and best support our agent field force and customers.
We are hiring a senior Digital Marketing Product Owner with a specialized focus on building a single marketing destination where our agent field force can easily create personalized multi-channel communications with highly-relevant, coordinated messages that build relationships and educate consumers. The position will also be accountable for partnering with a number of stakeholders to define the approach to deploy and maintain scalable field marketing tools with focus on prospecting and nurturing. This position is accountable for the roadmap, backlog, and delivery of marketing capabilities which aim to fuel our agent field force productivity – while also managing the existing products used by the field.
What great looks like in this role:
• Passionate, team-oriented problem solver who understands and differentiates between what users want vs. what they need to meet Marketing’s goals (not afraid to influence and negotiate with product managers, experience strategists and stakeholders).
• Demonstrate a hybrid of business and technical acumen to enable digital marketing experiences.
• Ability to articulate how platform investments support business case benefits and drive business outcomes.
• Partnering with the team of Digital Product Owners, responsible for maximizing the company’s investment in MarTech and data, to define what capabilities and functionality each platform is responsible for enabling and, in partnership with Technology, determining how the platforms should be connected and integrated into the larger ecosystem.
• Relentless in continuous upskilling across Marketing and Technology, and driving the ability to translate the bigger, strategic picture while also ensuring all details are accounted for to enable seamless, on-time delivery of capabilities.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of UX strategists/designers, project managers, scrum masters, business analysts, developers, and testers to build, execute and release features in alignment with digital roadmaps.
- Stakeholder needs assessment and requirements: partner with stakeholders within Marketing and the organization to understand and refine goals, vision, strategy, scope, use cases. Identify, socialize, and prioritize requirements with relevant stakeholders within marketing and enterprise
- Prioritized backlog, grooming, user story definition and Agile support: accountable to create, maintain, and prioritize a well-defined backlog with requirements for product features which can be easily understood. Proven ability to translate plans into feature and user story development that spans multiple agile program increments. Attend agile ceremonies including daily standups, planning, and retrospectives, working in partnership with technology teams on execution.
- Project execution and leadership: in partnership with peer stakeholders, drive, negotiate, and prioritize activities and problem solve to mitigate risks to meet business commitments by staying on-schedule and within budget. Lead, motivate, and collaborate with a cross-functional team of stakeholders, project managers, scrum masters, business analysts, developers, and testers to build, execute and release features in alignment with strategic programs and initiatives
- Digital marketing leadership: Understand business strategy to be able to influence and connect to activation plans. Brings digital marketing subject matter expertise to business and technology teams. Leverages knowledge of best practices related to use and adoption of marketing technologies. Builds on this background with knowledge of New York Life platforms and roadmap and can plan for cross platform interoperability and use.
- Testing and deployment: Reviewing and executing test plans with our technology teams to ensure a quality deliverable to our users. In some instances, support business user acceptance testing responsibilities (test plans and use cases creation to reflect requirements which demonstrate a deliverable meets quality standards and is ready for field and customer use).
- User training and change management: Collaborating with field marketing managers to create well laid-out content with the appropriate amount of detail, and process-maps where appropriate, to train our users and marketing stakeholders. This includes crafting and distributing business-facing release notes on a regular cadence.
- Monitoring and quality: review and conduct post-deployment validation and ongoing monitoring, as demanded by the initiative.
- Manage day-to-day platform and operations, e.g. supporting back-end processes and workflows, creating documentation of processes/workflows/operations for record retention and management, onboarding and sunsetting platforms/products as neede
Skills & Competencies
- Understanding of sales and marketing enablement technologies (e.g. Salesforce, Sales Enablement Tools)
- Knowledge of Marketing technologies for direct mail, list acquisition, multi-channel campaigns/journeys, and relationships management/CRM capabilities
- Critical thinking and capacity for original thought
- Self-starter, comfortable with navigating ambiguity, and passionate about driving change
- Internal influencer, culture carrier, negotiating, and consulting skills
- Strong business acumen with ability to provide structure and guidance to new situations, stakeholders and vendor partners
- Ability to manage stakeholder engagement, appropriately set expectations and obtain buy-in
- Strong planning and project management skills to deliver against the roadmap, resource capacity and overall business objectives
- Strong verbal and written communications, combined with technical acumen, understanding of leading marketing tools and platforms (specifically marketing automation, targeting/segmentation, recommendations/AI), and scaled agile
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- System/process oriented, problem solver, ability to manage multiple initiatives and balance the need to work strategically and hands-on
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience
- Experience must include managing large scale projects
- Experience must include sales and marketing enablement product management
- Experience must include working in a scaled agile delivery framework (SAFe) using agile software (Jira) or the equivalent.
- Experience in documenting and implementing business processes
High-Performing Marketing Norms
- Open and honest communication
- Active participation with results orientation
- A strong sense of inclusiveness, working as one team with a common goal
- Solve for the end-state with the ability to make choices on what we execute in the short-term
- Fair and balanced consideration of all voices with a bias toward spirited debate and issue resolution
- Commitment to making things better, without fear of speaking up
Location: Home Office (NYC)
Reports To: Head of Field Digital Marketing Enablement
#LI - MK1
#LI - HYBRID
Salary range: $115,000-$175,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 88481