NRDC is a non-profit environmental advocacy organization. We use law, science, and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure the rights of all people to clean air, clean water, and healthy communities. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our people helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act and many of the implementing regulations. Today, our team of more than 700 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy advocates, communications experts, and others work across the United States and the globe from our offices in Beijing; Bozeman, Montana; Chicago; New Delhi; New York; San Francisco; Santa Monica; and Washington, D.C.
NRDC is seeking a Data Management Senior Associate to work with the Development Donor Systems team in a hybrid role in a NRDC office.
Support the Development Donor Systems team, with an emphasis on data and project management, business analysis, training, onboarding, reporting needs, process documentation, and other projects for the Development department.
Training & Process
- Manage training and onboarding of new users and deployment of new development to existing user base on Salesforce
- Manage scheduling of Salesforce new user trainings and assist in scheduling of larger trainings
- Maintain and update training articles and documentation
- Develop and support process for Development staff
- Document business process and guidelines for Development
- Track projects and timelines and other perform project management duties
- Other duties as assigned
Data and Project Management
- Develop and prepare reporting solutions, including both standard and ad-hoc reports as requested by Development, management, and others as needed
- Manage the distribution of scheduled reports to the Development department and external vendors
- Assist in reporting of data for every donor constituency
- Work with Donor Systems colleagues to ensure that donation information is appropriately reflected in the database and data issues are addressed
- Perform continuous data integrity and clean-up projects, both scheduled and ad-hoc
- Assist with Case management and troubleshooting of user requests
- Project manage user enhancements and light configuration in Salesforce
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Salesforce expertise and administrator certification required
- 3+ years of previous training experience required
- 3+ years of Nonprofit Development experience preferred
- Excel experience required
- SQL experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Systems based thinking skills
- Project management skills
- Sound judgement and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of internal stakeholders
NRDC is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, both in our work and in our workplace. We believe that celebrating and actively welcoming diverse voices and perspectives is essential to solving the planet's most pressing environmental problems, and we encourage applications from candidates whose identities have been historically under-represented in the environmental movement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and is commensurate with skills and experience. Internal equity will be reviewed and considered to determine a final offer. For this position, the salary range is $78,000 to $83,000.
Our offices are open and we are operating in a hybrid model. We offer NRDCers flexibility, and we ask them to come into the office and spend meaningful time there in collaboration with their colleagues. We call this purposeful presence.
As a science-based organization, NRDC aims to do our part to help contain the COVID-19 public health crisis. For the sake of health, safety, and equity, we ask that people be vaccinated unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation or other exemption in accordance with state and local law. We consider a person to be vaccinated two weeks after receiving one full course of a CDC-approved vaccine. In accordance with state or local law, new hires will be asked to attest to vaccination, those wishing to do so may request medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions via NRDC Employee Relations. NRDC treats all vaccine-related data confidentially, in keeping with local, state, and federal laws.