We are looking for a Data Scientist with prior system engineering skills to join our exciting and forward-thinking Quantitative Development team.
The role will be a fundamental part of this ground-breaking initiative within Statkraft to develop new core analytical and compute capabilities using the latest best-in-class services. In your role you will work with the Proprietary Trading teams to help build a competitive edge for our commercial business via data and digitalization.
This position will play an essential role in driving operational excellence for the platform delivered by Markets IT and will be responsible for integrating all related functions (product owners, developers, quant analysts, IT operations) and resources across the product life cycle, from planning, building, testing, and deployment to support.
Reporting directly to the Head of Quantitative Development, you will leverage innovative and leading edge technologies and apply a clear passion for automation to build and evolve our developer ecosystem.
This role will be based in Oslo, Norway / Dusseldorf, Germany / London, UK / Stamford, CT, US.
Your responsibilities will include:
· To champion and drive the operational excellence of the Proprietary Trading technology platform by unifying and automating daily tasks including software development, quality assurance, deployment and integration
· To build and promote cross team best practice and concepts that will shorten development cycles and help teams provide high quality data and digital solutions consistently
· Understand the digital solution requirements of our Proprietary Trading teams and work collaboratively with relevant IT stakeholders/partners to implement the required development, testing, support and IT infrastructure
· Proactively resolve technical issues/blockers as a key engineer in the Quant Development team, and identify and qualify new tooling and approaches from both internal and external sources to increase productivity in software development
· Review, verify and validate the software code developed by using troubleshooting techniques and perform thorough and insightful code reviews to help maintain a high standard of quality control
· Interact closely with Infrastructure teams to optimize system architecture for analytical workflows
· Build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD pipeline)
· Monitor and measure stakeholder experience / KPIs and manage periodic reporting on project progress to the Head of Quantitative Development and Head of Proprietary Trading