Ocean Conservancy works to protect the ocean from today’s greatest global challenges. Together with our partners, we create evidence-based solutions for a healthy ocean and the wildlife and communities that depend on it.
This is a fin-tastic opportunity to join the movement in advancing ocean conservation forward and being a part of the blue wave of change. The Digital Advocacy Manager will play an integral role in advancing Ocean Conservancy’s program initiatives, engaging the public and key target audiences in meaningful advocacy and outreach opportunities and contributing to the overall success of program victories. The Digital Advocacy Manager will create and implement online engagement strategies including online advocacy campaigns and mobile-focused strategies for Ocean Conservancy’s priority programs and initiatives.
- Serve as the digital lead for one or more of Ocean Conservancy’s priority campaigns.
- Develop digital outreach strategy and work plans for priority programs that move the program goals forward and engage our supporters.
- Create, manage and implement strategies for member engagement and online advocacy campaigns, working with cross-departmental teams when necessary, and lead the analysis and reporting out on these campaigns.
- Oversee day-to-day management, growth, engagement and analytics of Ocean Conservancy’s mobile platform.
- Work with the Associate Director of Digital Advocacy and members of Digital leadership in drafting overall strategic plans for digital marketing campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 3-5- years’ experience in digital engagement with advocacy, Congressional political campaigns or charitable organizations.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in project or people management with a strong track record of producing creative, successful outputs.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with a mobile platform for a business or non-profit with a strong track record of successful growth strategies.
- Proven success managing digital outreach and advocacy campaigns.
- Knowledge of new media and analytics tools.
- Solid attention to details and how they fit into the big picture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, familiarity with AP style.
- Enthusiasm for the digital space, including staying on top of trends, best practices and emerging platforms.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Steller project management skills and experience using project management software.
- Strong understanding of online communication, industry best practices and accessibility standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines and/or adapt to change; proficient on PC and Mac platforms, Microsoft office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working within a content management system and databases, preferably Engaging Networks and WordPress.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications preferred or relevant/related field experience.
Ocean Conservancy is committed to equity in its pay practices and posts expected hiring ranges for each of its positions. Salary minimum is $63,036; salary midpoint is $92,597. The midpoint represents the market rate for a position, and a fully experienced employee may be paid at this level. Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s specialty skills, years of experience, location, and unique background. We would welcome the opportunity to connect with potential candidates whose salary requirements may be outside of the expected hiring range.
If you think you’d be a great fit for the job and are interested in joining Ocean conservancy’s team, please click Apply Now.
Ocean Conservancy embraces a hybrid work environment, which allows our staff the flexibility to work virtually and in-person while building strong connections across the institution.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocean Conservancy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We encourage applicants who have a diverse level and range of relevant skills and experiences to apply. A 100% match is not required. We want to support employees’ career growth and in return, our employees help Ocean Conservancy grow into a stronger, more inclusive organization.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.