Digital Marketing Associate, Audience Development (Open to Remote)
The Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group is a storied leader in commercial and literary publishing and home to some of the most iconic authors in the world, including Nobel Laureates Toni Morrison, Kazuo Ishiguro, and Alice Munro; Prize-winners Robert Caro, Joan Didion, Yaa Gyasi, Jhumpa Lahiri, Cormac McCarthy, Michael Ondaatje, Tommy Orange, Patti Smith, Anne Tyler, and Colson Whitehead; and global bestsellers Dan Brown, John Grisham, Erin Morgenstern, and Jo Nesbo.
The Audience Development team is seeking an organized Digital Marketing Associate to join the team at Knopf Doubleday. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced, collaborative team that oversees consumer insights, backlist marketing, social media, and web/email development.
Working across the trade editorial landscape from bestsellers to backlist and reporting to the Executive Director of Audience Development, the Digital Marketing Associate will have the exciting opportunity to work on our email newsletter program in conjunction with title-specific marketing teams as well as assist on social media content creation and website projects.
The Digital Marketing Associate should be highly motivated, enthusiastic about publishing, and enjoy reading broadly and often. This is necessary to be day one ready to champion our books while working alongside a fun and fast-paced group. In addition, you’ll work closely with colleagues in other departments within the division, especially our Publishing Office, Sales, Imprint-Specific Marketing, and Editorial groups. The Associate will be a detail-oriented self-starter, a strong written and verbal communicator, and an organized multitasker.
For consideration, please apply using our ATS system by August 24, 2023, and include your cover letter and resume.
- Project manage email newsletter creation: plan and gather content, build emails, and deploy via Cheetah Digital
- Proof and test emails to ensure the best reader experience
- Analyze newsletter reporting and optimize sends
- Liaise with marketing and design teams for content and creative assets
- Create social media content in conjunction with the Associate Director of Social Media
- Assist with Reading Group Center content calendar
- Work on websites, ensuring they are up-to-date and functional
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Curious, collaborative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated, with excellent follow-through
- Knowledge and/or experience with social media platforms, especially TikTok and Instagram
- Great communication skills and ability to establish relationships with stakeholders
- Previous email marketing experience
- Experience with Basecamp and/or Cheetah Digital
- HTML knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging video content for TikTok or similar platform
- Proficiency with Excel
The salary for this position is $53,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 263016