Founded in 2008, Legends’ operating divisions worldwide include – Global Partnerships, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Planning, Global Merchandise, Global Technology Solutions, Attractions, Growth Enterprises – offering clients and partners a 360-degree data and analytics fueled service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning, and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment. For more information, visit www.Legends.net and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @TheLegendsWay.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for creating, facilitating and analyzing digital and email marketing campaigns associated with San Diego State Athletics’ ticketing, service, and fundraising opportunities, while identifying engaging content across all SDSU Varsity sports. This position will seek innovative new ways to build upon and connect with the Aztec fan base. The ideal candidate will also focus on email marketing and media communication and will track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. The Digital Marketing Associate should be a professional, team focused, positive individual and will work under the guidance of the Digital Marketing Manager, Revenue Generation.
- Assist in the creation, execution, and distribution of digital content, graphics, sales, and other materials for San Diego State Athletics’ ticket sales for ticketed sports, fundraising, events, communications, and experiences.
- Work closely with San Diego State Athletics marketing team in developing and executing on strategies that drive season ticket sales, single game sales, group sales, annual fund growth, digital ads, and other new revenue opportunities.
- Ensure all content is consistent with San Diego State Athletics’ brand and messaging guidelines and managing a thorough approval process.
- Support in the creation, implementation, management and optimization of dynamic email campaigns through identifying target audiences, maintaining and updating emails lists, building and launching campaigns, and developing effective content marketing strategies to increase subscriber lists.
- Alongside SDSU, assist in management of day-to-day ticketing related email marketing campaigns, including tracking email campaign performance metrics and reporting back to San Diego State Athletics regularly.
- Partnering closely with the Manager of Data and Analytics to identify target audiences, assign/upload them to specific campaigns and help develop messaging that will resonate.
- Identify opportunities to run A/B tests to determine which subject lines, messages and creative resonates with our target audiences.
- Leverage campaign and audience insights to influence new, innovative approaches to reach our target audiences and develop brand awareness.
- Work with San Diego State Athletics to identify new or existing stories of student athletes to create meaningful and compelling impact-based content.
- Support in creating marketing graphics using Adobe Photoshop.
- The ideal candidate communicates effectively to efficiently to negotiate tight deadlines and ensure alignment amongst multiple teams. They must be energized by the opportunity to collaborate and receive constructive feedback stride. This individual has excellent written communication, proofreading and editing skills. This individual will work closely and under the direction of both the SDSU Marketing Senior Associate Athletic Director of Marketing and New Media and Legends Manager of Digital Marketing & Revenue Generation.
- Experience in supporting and implementing digital marketing campaigns is a must. Experience using tools like Ticketmaser (TM1), SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics and others is ideal. This talented, creative, and driven marketer can manage multiple campaigns at once and adhere to deadlines, all while being a supportive teammate.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related area of study required
- 1-3 years’ experience (sports or agency experience is preferred)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in social media marketing is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Candidate must have a strong work ethic
- Candidate should be data-driven with a desire to deliver continuous improvement in marketing performance
- Self-starter who is comfortable navigating through ambiguity and change
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to self-manage and keep track of multiple projects with high levels of detail
- Genuine passion for digital marketing
Range $25.00 - $27.00 hourly, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Location: On Site
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.