The Digital Marketing Manager is an essential role within the Advancement Communications team, supporting all Advancement Marketing, Communications, and Stewardship strategies, goals, and objectives by building and maintaining effective metrics-based and integrated digital content across multiple channels. This position is key in developing and implementing social media outreach, web content, and other digital strategies that engage alumni and friends of Babson and inspires giving.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and implement social media outreach and effective web content that engages alumni, donors, and friends and promotes Advancement initiatives, events, and resources.
- Manage and grow alumni social media accounts, including Facebook group, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Build and maintain a social media content calendar, track engagement, monitor and report analytics, and create appropriate content strategies that enhance Advancement objectives.
- Manage social media for signature fundraising campaigns, including toolkits and volunteer/ambassador outreach.
- Serve as lead storyteller and interviewer for Babson-originated social media content and generate content for newsletters, promotional videos, and other specialized content opportunities. Develop internal sources for content and collaborate with campus partners to develop strategic, compelling platform-relevant content that engages key constituents.
- Provide staff with weekly social media content for personal social media accounts.
- Build visually compelling emails in Constant Contact that promote events, fundraising campaigns, and other Advancement communications
- Support web content strategy for alumni website, managing day-to-day updates, as well as assisting with overall content and navigation.
- Assist with graphic design and development of compelling visual content.
- Oversee image/graphic acquisition and management.
- Write a variety of content that supports communications and marketing efforts of Advancement.
- Oversee Babson Street, the College’s virtual marketplace of alumni-founded/owned businesses, including uploading of new businesses and marketing efforts to grow number of companies featured on site.
- Collaborate with Stewardship to recognize donors on digital channels.
- Collaborate with College Marketing to amplify Advancement messaging on digital channels. Serve on the College’s Social Media Council and Editorial Meeting Group to inform social media outreach on alumni accounts
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
YOUR TEAM WILL INCLUDE
WHAT EDUCATION AND SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in related field.
Ability to be self-directed and work in a fast-paced environment, with often conflicting priorities and multiple demands as time is essential.
Must have strong customer service orientation and strong verbal, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times.
Must have excellent typing, editing, attention to detail, and proofreading skills.
Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.) – other software knowledge helpful to include Millennium database and web publishing; as well as the ability to perform complex computer functions, such as database management and file merges.
Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
Ability to interact with various constituencies, as well as colleagues across the institution is essential – position will interface with governance, alumni, students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
HOW AND WHERE YOU WILL WORK
Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College’s insurer’s criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College’s vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee’s driving record based on the College insurer’s criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Ability to work some nights and weekends.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS YOU MAY HAVE
- Familiarity with events in higher education or other non-profits helpful.
- Marketing and relationship management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Illustrator and Adobe Software preferred.