The Digital Acquisition Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, tracking and optimizing reader behaviors across all digital channels to grow subscribers. This position develops and implements key business-to-consumer marketing plans across multiple funnels leveraging technology for digital acquisition campaigns. They will work closely with management and staff to enhance the brand, increase value, grow revenue, and meet revenue objectives in digital subscription growth.
Candidates must be able to provide demonstrated success in growing subscriptions/user loyalty via a variety of channels.
Ideal candidates must be passionate about news and read/engage with the Post and Courier. Being able to understand the mission of our brand in how we grow acquisition is key.
- Develop comprehensive marketing plans and programs to promote digital subscriptions from building up top of funnel to conversion to brand loyalty
- Develop digital growth strategy for expansion markets through digital subscription offers, digital behavior, and lead generation
- Own communication and reporting on digital subscription growth
- Nurture and develop comprehensive email campaigns tied to acquisition across multiple ESPs
- Forecast monthly digital subscription growth and average rate per user (ARPU); adjusting promotions as necessary to meet revenue and volume goals
- Utilize user behavior data to inform strategic marketing efforts and digital subscription pricing strategies
- Manage digital subscription tech stack (Piano, HubSpot)
- Work closely with digital news team to identify news priorities and promotional opportunities for content
- Develop and test new strategies to grow digital subscriber audience
- Consistently review user experience across digital products to identify potential roadblocks preventing a reader from subscribing
- Work with development team to identify on-site conversion experiences
- Oversee all direct-to-consumer digital subscription marketing including: emails, paid marketing O&O, paid search, and more for optimal ROI
- Manage digital marketing budget
- Develop brand positioning and messaging across expansion markets to drive loyalty and consumer trust
- Work across department to identify partnerships that help grow brand awareness and generate digital subscriber leads
- Support cross departmental growth, strategy and tactics
- Other duties as assigned