We’re a brand of beauty lovers in Brooklyn, New York with wild imaginations and an obsession with hair. We make hair care products and hair styling tools that we love to use and share. All are made with powerful ingredients and innovative technologies, that deliver seriously proven results. We want to be kind to the planet, animals, and each other, which is why we’re a 100% cruelty-free brand completely free from parabens and phthalates and fully recyclable.
Hair can be hard, but we’re here to make it fun. Our product line is made to be mixed, matched, and played with until you create any look you’ve dreamt up. From busy mornings (hello dry shampoo), late nights, and everything in-between—we’ve got your back (and hair). We won’t promise that our products and tools will solve all your problems, but they will give you a good hair day, every day.
We are currently seeking a Digital Retention Manager responsible for the strategy for email and SMS marketing content and management of tools. The Retention Marketing Manager drives customer retention and lifetime value to fuel revenue growth across the brand. develops and owns strategy, roadmap, and execution for retention marketing channels including email & SMS. Partners with e-commerce, brand marketing and agencies to design impactful campaigns and tests. This person will also be responsible for reporting to the director on KPI’s and performance on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Owns the Email and SMS calendars and creative updates across automation, campaign, and transactional emails and SMS messages.
- Work with cross-functional teams to lead the creation and preparation of new campaigns for execution including campaign strategy, offer development, brief development, and targeting.
- Grows and optimizes email and SMS channels through strategic campaign development and execution, analysis and reporting, and ongoing optimization
- Contribute insights, recommendations, and experiments that optimize Email and SMS performance, LTV, and customer engagement
- Establishes and forecasts marketing budget to drive growth for email and SMS programs
- Leads and manages weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc digital marketing reporting and analysis, highlighting successes, trends and opportunities
- Analyze and report data on prior campaigns and provide ideas and recommendations for future optimization
- Provides guidance and recommendations on email / SMS list growth by acquisition source and customer value
- Manage Email and SMS opt in/out strategies and customer preferences, such as the frequency that they want to receive messaging
- Manage the customer database, including list hygiene and the strategy for activation and reactivation of inactives
- Optimizes trigger programs and customer journeys to drive LTV, analyzing performance and testing creative and messaging
- Manage the segmentation strategy, cadence, sequencing, and dynamic content rules/logic for all Email/SMS efforts with the focus on maximizing engagement and revenue through our CRM platform
- Works with ecomm and brand marketing teams to align audiences and assets to ensure business objectives are met and messaging to the consumer is clear and actionable
- Work with ecomm and marketing teams to collaborate on Email and SMS strategy
- Develops testing roadmap and learning agenda to optimize campaigns and drive results
- Prepare presentations and present to various audiences to influence the loyalty and retention program
- Lead adhoc projects and initiatives that bring about change or improve the business
- Work closely with various business units to develop objectives
- Manage external vendors such as our Email Service Provider and SMS
- Takes on other opportunities to drive business across marketing channels
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s goals and policies
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Business, Economics, or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in Email and SMS Marketing
- Some experience working with email service providers and SMS platforms (Klaviyo, Attentive, etc.)
- Must have direct experience developing content calendars and assets
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to interpret and translate data into actionable recommendations
- Strong technical knowledge relevant to typical ecommerce environment
- Able to work well under time constraints, possesses a strong detail-orientation and solid organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills and comfort level in presenting to senior management
Salary: $110,000 - $140,000
ready to apply?
please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you’d be the perfect fit along with your resume.