Environmental Defense Fund is hiring a Director, Donor Content, Marketing to design, execute and manage best-in-class content and campaigns that persuade key donors and prospects to support EDF.
The ideal candidate will be able to draw from a sophisticated toolkit that includes execution of digital marketing campaigns, micro sites, email and video content. To drive success, the Director will work closely with the EDF Content and Brand team while serving as the main marketing liaison to the Development department.
Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President, Creative, the Director will work closely with Development communications team and donor managers to map content and marketing to the behaviors and networks of key donors and prospects. This position will have primary responsibility for campaign and content requests (primarily video and web) from the Development department.
- Develop strategy and design content and campaigns to persuade key donors and prospects to support EDF; create synergies and efficiencies across campaigns.
- Collaborate effectively with Development colleagues to ensure content and marketing is directed to intended audiences and meets objectives; serve as Development department point-of-contact and streamline and coordinate efforts.
- Plan, implement and project-manage content, video and creative projects and campaigns across matrixed teams; proactively identify and address challenges and report on metrics and effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with the Content and Brand team to ensure that all assets and external campaigns are on message and on brand.
- Work with EDF Performance Marketing to measure and analyze campaign metrics in real time, making on-the-fly adjustments to boost effectiveness.
- Make recommendations for more effective use of existing channels and/or identify new tools and channels; maximize results with limited resources.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Identify, engage, and manage external vendors as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, print or video/web production.
- 10+ years of combined experience in individual and institutional fundraising, communications and related fields.
- Passion for storytelling in all forms. Creativity welcome!
- Proven experience of video, web, print or graphic design production.
- Proven copywriting skills.
- Experience with project and client management: relentless attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent written and in-person communication skills.
- Experience with/commitment to helping teams work together at a high level of excellence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus.
- Familiarity with the latest digital marketing and analytics tools.
- Passion for environmental progress is not required, but it will make the work more interesting.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
The Ideal Candidate is:
- A creative thinker, strategist, and doer with deep experience producing successful content and marketing campaigns.
- A proactive communicator and idea generator, full of collaborative energy and drive, who can build and manage multiple projects while delivering high-quality work on quick turnaround.
- Someone with a big picture, campaign-focused strategic sense and an up-to-date understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the latest digital tools.
- Someone with experience making research-based recommendations that marry audience insights and goals with deep knowledge of storytelling and digital distribution tools.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.