The Director of Client Services is responsible for ensuring the overall success of our internal customers, by managing the Client Services team and supporting the division to be best-in-class. They will be both a manager and technical resource when supporting our customer base.
An ideal candidate will be able to create an environment of efficiency and success - by using industry knowledge, standards and best practices. The Director of Client services will help guide the Garden’s choice for systems that support ticketing, user and device management.
The Director of Client Services will provide long-term and day-to-day technological support to internal customers, supervise the Client Services Help Desk, and ensure timely, professional responses to requests. They will also oversee hardware/software installations, upgrades, maintenance, and asset management and use data to routinely evaluate our issues and services and suggest areas where we can create efficiencies and new service offerings. This position will report directly to the Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer and will work towards successful adoption and usage of technology.
Additionally, this position supports, through actions and conduct, NYBG’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility initiatives and helps to build and maintain an inclusive organization culture throughout the institution.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Build industry standard client service and help desk systems/processes
- Serve as lead on various issues and concerns; plan, prioritize and schedule Help Desk activities. Escalate where necessary
- Document common issues/causes/solutions; policies and procedures; user-guide creation; FAQS and web-based guides
- Supervise requests, tasks and staff involved to insure timely response to support requests
- This role will act as a liaison between the Service Desk, End Users and Executives
- Develop and sustain a routine schedule for Help Desk coverage
- Monitor user and asset inventory/maintenance; routine auditing and oversight of environment-friendly asset disposal
- Respond to requests for support via Help Desk and include other IT personnel as needed
- Work with outside vendors on hardware/software acquisition including, but not limited to obtaining quotes, processing invoices, and activities within ERP system for orders, invoices, etc.
- Establish and maintain tools for the system deployments or reimage/refresh of hundreds of laptops and desktops; safe backup and transfer of user data accordingly
- Analyze monitoring and performance reports and develop plans for improving systems
- Implement/maintain/support IP telephony system and related hardware
- Utilize industry-wide best practices for security in all areas
- Investigate/Analyze and test new tools, techniques, and software products and collaborate with others throughout Garden
- Guide the setup, maintenance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problems with Windows and Macintosh operating systems and various software applications, file sharing, printing, imaging/cloning/system configurations
- Create/maintain/run service request reports to identify current trends and common issues; suggest proactive solutions to potential issues
- Act as backup to provide and educate on Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for hardware issues related to computers, mobile devices, scanners, printers, Audio/Visual equipment and other related items
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with individuals of all levels; able to explain technical concepts to inexperienced users
- Focus on customer service and success
- Excellent time management skills; can work with minimal supervision
- Experience with Help Desk and Ticketing Systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an IT service desk environment providing technical support to in-person and remote field-based customers via telephone, email, face to face and remote desktop/management tools
- Experience with KACE/Duo/MDT/Jamf/SCCM a plus
- Ability to move/relocate related equipment.
- 20 Vacation Days
- 13 Paid Holidays
- 12 Sick Days
- Health and Dental Insurance Coverage
- Pension Plan
Salary: Commensurate with experience within the following range: $110,000-$130,000