**The Mount Sinai Health System seeks a Director of Dialectical Behavior Therapy for their Adolescent Center in Manhattan!**
The Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center (MSAHC) is seeking a psychologist to provide outpatient care and clinical supervision as part of a multidisciplinary clinical team. MSAHC provides comprehensive medical, reproductive health, behavioral health and health education services to more than 12,000 New York City teenagers and young adults annually. As the first primary care program in New York specifically created for the health needs of adolescents, it is a model of excellence in adolescent health care nationally and internationally. The focus of MSAHC is to provide integrated and high-quality services to traditionally underserved adolescents. The psychologist who joins our team will have faculty appointments at the Icahn School of Medicine in the Departments of Pediatrics and Psychiatry.
The Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center has an APA-accredited pre-doctoral psychology internship program in addition to externship and post-doctoral fellowship programs. Psychology trainees are involved in many facets of the center, including therapy and psychological assessment services; a Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) program; a Teen Parenting program; Transgender Health Services; Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) services; and a project aimed at integrating mental health services into the primary care medical setting.
• The Psychologist will provide individual, family, and group therapy services to adolescents, ages 10-26, at the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center. The Psychologist will also provide and/or supervise the provision of comprehensive psychological testing to patients at the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center.
• The Psychologist will serve as the Director of the Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) program at MSAHC. In this role, the Psychologist will co-lead and supervise DBT group(s), provide individual psychotherapy using DBT approaches, and serve as a member of the DBT consultation team.
• The Psychologist will have role in the psychology training program, which includes clinical and testing supervision for the pre-doctoral psychology interns in the APA accredited internship program, and clinical and testing supervision for externs and post-doctoral fellows.
• The Psychologist will also have the opportunity to provide clinical supervision to psychologists and social workers on staff.
• Doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) from an accredited program in clinical, counseling, or combined clinical & school psychology program
• New York State Licensure
• Ability to provide bilingual Spanish psychotherapy and psychological assessment; certification in bilingual counseling strongly preferred
• Prior training and experience with DBT; formal training strongly preferred
• Prior training and experience in other evidenced based treatments, including eating disorder treatment, transgender/LBGTQIA+ mental healthcare, and TF-CBT
• Experience in psychological, psychodiagnostic, and neuropsychological assessment
• Supervision experience (preferably with psychology interns, externs, and/or post-doctoral fellows)
• Strong interpersonal skills at level necessary to communicate effectively with interdisciplinary health professionals, patients, patients’ families, external organizations and agencies
• Creativity, flexibility, and ability to take initiative; Interest in program development and increased collaboration within highly collaborative interdisciplinary medical setting
• Preferable minimum of 2-5+ years of experience post-licensure
• Experience treating substance use preferred
• Prior experience working in child/adolescent and/or young adult setting
• Compensation range from 90,000K to 100,000K (not including bonuses / incentive compensation or benefits)
**Salary Disclosure Information:**
Mount Sinai Health System provides a salary range to comply with the New York City law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialties, historical productivity, historical collections, and hospital/community need. As such, an actual salary may fall closer to one or the other end of the range, and in certain circumstances, may wind up being outside of the listed salary range. The salary range listed is for full-time employment and does not include bonuses / incentive compensation or benefits.
**About the Mount Sinai Health System:**
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest academic medical system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai advances medicine and health through unrivaled education and translational research and discovery to deliver care that is the safest, highest-quality, most accessible and equitable, and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,300 primary and specialty care physicians; 13 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 415 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and more than 30 affiliated community health centers. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of the top 20 U.S. hospitals and is top in the nation by specialty: No. 1 in Geriatrics and top 20 in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, ENT, Pulmonology/Lung Surgery, Rehabilitation, and Urology. New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked No. 12 in Ophthalmology. Mount Sinai Kravis Children's Hospital is ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Children’s Hospitals” among the country’s best in four out of 10 pediatric specialties. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools," aligned with a U.S. News & World Report "Honor Roll" Hospital, and No. 14 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding. Newsweek’s “The World’s Best Smart Hospitals” ranks The Mount Sinai Hospital as No. 1 in New York and in the top five globally, and Mount Sinai Morningside in the top 20 globally. For more information, visit https://www.mountsinai.org or find Mount Sinai on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
_The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression._
**Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:**
**Executive Director Physician Recruitment**
**Mount Sinai Health System**
**Strength Through Diversity**
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together. We invite you to participate actively as a part of the Mount Sinai Health System team by:
+ Using a lens of equity in all aspects of patient care delivery, education, and research to promote policies and practices to allow opportunities for all to thrive and reach their potential.
+ Serving as a role model confronting racist, sexist, or other inappropriate actions by speaking up, challenging exclusionary organizational practices, and standing side-by-side in support of colleagues who experience discrimination.
+ Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors among and between departments and co-workers.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people and to create an inclusive, welcoming and nurturing work environment where all feel they are valued, belong and are able to professional advance. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise contribute to the patient experience and quality of patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our history!
**“About the Mount Sinai Health System:**
Mount Sinai Health System is one of the largest academic medical systems in the New York metro area, with more than 43,000 employees working across eight hospitals, more than 400 outpatient practices, more than 300 labs, a school of nursing, and a leading school of medicine and graduate education. Mount Sinai advances health for all people, everywhere, by taking on the most complex health care challenges of our time — discovering and applying new scientific learning and knowledge; developing safer, more effective treatments; educating the next generation of medical leaders and innovators; and supporting local communities by delivering high-quality care to all who need it. Through the integration of its hospitals, labs, and schools, Mount Sinai offers comprehensive health care solutions from birth through geriatrics, leveraging innovative approaches such as artificial intelligence and informatics while keeping patients’ medical and emotional needs at the center of all treatment. The Health System includes approximately 7,400 primary and specialty care physicians; 13 joint-venture outpatient surgery centers throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and more than 30 affiliated community health centers. We are consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals, receiving high "Honor Roll" status, and are highly ranked: No. 1 in Geriatrics and top 20 in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Pulmonology/Lung Surgery, Rehabilitation, and Urology. New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked No. 12 in Ophthalmology. U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Children’s Hospitals” ranks Mount Sinai Kravis Children's Hospital among the country’s best in several pediatric specialties. The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is ranked No. 14 nationwide in National Institutes of Health funding and in the 99th percentile in research dollars per investigator according to the Association of American Medical Colleges. Newsweek’s “The World’s Best Smart Hospitals” ranks The Mount Sinai Hospital as No. 1 in New York and in the top five globally, and Mount Sinai Morningside in the top 20 globally.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are passionately committed to addressing racism and its effects on our faculty, staff, students, trainees, patients, visitors, and the communities we serve. Our goal is for Mount Sinai to become an anti-racist health care and learning institution that intentionally addresses structural racism.”
**Requisition ID** : 23000006