This position leads the training and coaching of the digital marketing department. This person is responsible for teaching team members how to harness the agency’s digital capabilities (primarily through paid and owned channels) to build effective strategies that achieve clients’ business goals.
Success in this role looks like:
- Empowering strategists to build engaging digital marketing plans that perform above industry benchmarks and intentional web experiences that improve site performance
- Maintaining connections between the digital marketing team and other departments to create integrated marketing plans that address client needs holistically
- Managing team workload and capacity to maintain balance for team members and achieve client deadlines.
Reports to: Vice President of Strategic Services
Position Type: Full-time, salaried
Expected Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or equivalent.
Flexible/hybrid office environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coaches the digital marketing team by providing regular communication, offering consistent support, setting clear expectations, giving actionable feedback, being open to feedback, and advocating for direct reports’ continued growth
- Provides quality assurance for the digital marketing team through regular review of planning and execution work
- Develops and contributes to digital marketing strategies and implementation plans for key clients
- Educates the agency about digital marketing and website best practices by hosting trainings, sharing valuable resources, creating best practice templates, etc.
- Maintains the agency’s Google Partner status and manages the agency’s relationships with other platform partners (Meta, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.) for internal and client needs
- Learns about industry and platform trends and advises the agency and our clients about how to evolve and grow with them
- Supports team members in providing data and analytics to clients and the agency and advocates for data-back strategic decision making as a general practice
- Manages the day-to-day functioning of the digital marketing team, which includes holding regular one-on-ones, building development/growth plans, hiring new staff, initiating and facilitating disciplinary action, etc.
- Refines agency processes and practices on an ongoing basis to address team and client feedback; directly manages digital marketing processes and associated documents, trainings, templates, etc.
- Supports the VP of Strategic Services in various agency, client, and team assignments and overall planning
- Serves on the Directors team, assists with overall agency and team growth, identifies new opportunities, and develops management skills
- Works with VP of Client Service and VP of Strategic Services to grow the agency’s book of business, identify prospective new clients, and attend prospect meetings and presentations as needed
- Researches audience behaviors, keywords, search ranking, social media sentiment, and website and digital platform content, functionality, and user experience as needed for use in proposals and marketing plans
Skills and Experience:
- Strong research, data analysis, and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Proficiency with budget and time management
- Proficient with Google Ads, Analytics, and advanced Google search tactics
- Experience with Moz, SEMrush, SharedCount, Screaming Frog, and other web-based tools
- Experience with organic and paid campaigns and analytics for social media platforms including (but not limited to) Meta, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite of products
Well Done is a Mac centered agency. Flexible work environment blending on-site and remote work leveraging technology, standard office equipment and communication tools and activities to meet the fast-paced and fluid demands of agency operations.