Join the Origis Energy Team!
Origis Energy is bringing clean and cost effective solar and energy storage solutions within reach for utility, commercial, industrial and public sector clients. The Origis team has worked to ensure the interests of all stakeholders are upheld in 170 projects worldwide totaling over 4 gigawatts to date of developed solar and energy storage capacity.
The Origis team, regarded as one of the leading developers in the U.S., is committed to living five core values in all interactions both with each other and external stakeholders:
Solve for Tomorrow. A role with Origis Energy puts you at the forefront of the transition to clean energy. Are you ready to bring new ideas? Do you exist to find solutions? That’s how we revolutionize energy and build a carbon-free future - through unmatched service and relentless innovation.
Rise Together. To succeed here, you’ll collaborate with others and work as one team, across various teams including solar and energy storage development, financing, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operations, maintenance and asset management. Are you open to diverse perspectives and prepared to work seamlessly across disciplines to reach our collective goals?
Perform at Peak. We’re seeking team members who bring authentic energy and passion to every task. How can you use your natural strengths, genuine optimism and intelligence to make your greatest contributions to Origis?
Inspire & Grow. The Origis team is comprised of knowledgeable, passionate solar and energy storage experts who bring deep expertise and solution-driven thinking to clients. A successful Origis team member encourages others and sets a high bar for growth. We have a culture of continuous improvement because each team member takes the role of both learner and mentor.
Be Resilient. The spirit in which we tackle the energy challenges and objectives of our clients means we consistently stretch for the extra mile. We all take initiative and remain adaptable, overcoming obstacles by prioritizing respect.
Origis Energy is bringing clean and cost effective solar and energy storage solutions within reach for utility, commercial and industrial as well as public sector clients. The Origis team has worked to ensure the interests of all stakeholders are upheld in over 150 projects worldwide totaling nearly 3 gigawatts to date of developed solar and energy storage capacity.
Headquartered in Miami, FL, Origis Energy delivers excellence in solar and energy storage development, financing, engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) and operations, maintenance and asset management for investors and clean energy consumers in the US.
About the Origis Energy Team
A role with Origis Energy puts you at the forefront of the transition to clean energy.
The Origis team is comprised of knowledgeable, passionate solar and energy storage experts who bring deep expertise and solution driven thinking to client projects. The spirit in which we tackle the energy challenges and objectives of our clients means we consistently stretch for the extra mile.
The result: a respected clean energy team, regarded as one of the leading developers in the U.S.
If you are a talented, hardworking professional with a passion for solar and energy storage and its transformative role in the global clean energy movement then apply to join our team.
Origis Energy is looking for an experienced Director of Energy Supply to join our Clean Hydrogen team. This person will join an agile, extremely motivated team with the main objective of driving growth and project successes in clean hydrogen. Experience negotiating and executing energy supply contracts across the US for large loads is critical. Experience working for large utilities on the supply side for large loads will also be considered. Responsible for establishing and maintaining programs associated with the origination/procurement of transmission, distribution, and energy supply for the Origis Energy – Clean Hydrogen Business Unit.
The Director of Energy Supply reports directly to the Clean Hydrogen Business Unit Manager and is a regular, full-time position, and is eligible for our generous employee benefits package, including employer paid health insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) plan with employer matching contributions, and other great benefits.
- Develop and execute a national energy procurement strategy for clean Hydrogen
- Build and strengthen relationships with the energy industry, such as local utilities and co-ops, transmission providers, ISOs/RTOs, power trading firms, and renewable energy developers
- Negotiate and execute energy supply contracts (local utility service, PPAs, VPPAs, and RECs)
- Lead the load interconnection and transmission process for clean Hydrogen projects
- Perform tariff reviews and tariff analysis in regulated markets
- Analyze power situation at prospective sites (utility, tariffs, capacity, geography, etc.)
- Analyze the short and long-term capacity potential for selected sites
- Mock bill analysis
- Support multiple clean Hydrogen customer bids and financings
- BS and/or BA, MBA preferred
- Experience and deep understanding of power markets, utility tariffs, and energy policies
- Strong hydrogen-related technical knowledge and understanding
- Experience in customer presentations and negotiations
- 5-10+ years of increasingly progressive development / energy procurement experience
- Experience in negotiating and executing energy supply contracts (local utility service, PPAs, VPPAs, and RECs)
- Preparation of market analyses, techno-economic optimization, and recommendations
Key Attributes for Success
- Detail-oriented, highly organized
- Effective in managing customer relationships and expectations
- Solution-focused strategic thinker
- Enhances team effectiveness
- Ability to prioritize and manage tight timelines and budgets
- Effective in managing multiple cross functional and external stakeholders
Job Level Director (no direct reports)
Travel Up to 20% travel as
Location Remote employment an option for the right candidate, frequent presence in our offices in Miami (FL), San Diego (CA) or Austin (TX) will be preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Origis Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOC) and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences as that is what makes our employees unique. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.