Altera, a new member of the N. Harris Computer Corporation family, delivers health IT solutions that support caregivers around the world. These include the Sunrise™, Paragon®, Altera TouchWorks®, Altera Opal, STAR™, HealthQuest™ and dbMotion™ solutions. At the intersection of technology and the human experience, Altera Digital Health is driving a new era of healthcare, in which innovation and expertise can elevate care delivery and inspire healthier communities across the globe. A new age in healthcare technology has just begun.
***DIRECTOR, SOFTWARE IMPLEMENTATION - CLINICAL APPLICATIONS***
Remote, US-based Role
At Altera, we're dedicated to transforming the healthcare industry through cutting-edge software solutions. Our innovative clinical applications are designed to enhance patient care, streamline workflows, and improve overall efficiency. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced professional to join our team as Director, Software Implementation, with a specialized focus on clinical applications.
As the Director, Software Implementation for Clinical Applications, you will play a crucial role in the successful integration and deployment of our healthcare software solutions. Your expertise and leadership will be instrumental in ensuring that our products meet the unique needs of healthcare providers, ultimately improving patient outcomes and healthcare delivery.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute a comprehensive implementation strategy for our clinical applications, aligning with the company's goals and customer requirements.
- Collaborate with the executive team to establish clear timelines, milestones, and deliverables for successful software implementations.
- Lead a team of implementation specialists, project managers, and other relevant personnel in the effective execution of software deployment projects.
- Optimize teams’ productivity, with a specific emphasis on maximizing billable utilization by team member.
- Drive successful and efficient project outcomes.
- Evaluate current team structure to ensure that we have the proper manager to employee ratio to give both managers and employees the best possible chance for success.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and support to the team, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Use your clinical background and domain knowledge to understand the needs and pain points of healthcare professionals, ensuring our software solutions cater to their specific requirements.
- Collaborate with our product development team to provide valuable insights for enhancing existing products and developing new features.
- Collaborate with our methodology team to ensure lessons learned from each project are rolled into our implementation methodology in an iterative process.
- Oversee all aspects of software implementation projects, ensuring adherence to timelines, budgets, and quality standards.
- Identify potential risks and challenges during the implementation process and proactively develop mitigation plans.
- Establish strong relationships with customers and key stakeholders, serving as a trusted advisor throughout the implementation process.
- Address customer concerns, feedback, and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Continuously evaluate and refine our implementation methodologies to optimize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in healthcare IT, ensuring our solutions remain at the forefront of the industry.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience. A degree in healthcare, nursing, computer science, or a related field is preferred.
- An advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MHA) is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in healthcare IT, with a focus on clinical applications and software implementation.
- Prior experience in a leadership role, managing teams and complex projects in a healthcare IT environment.
- Strong background in team performance management.
- Clinical experience as a nurse, physician's assistant, or in a related role is highly preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing healthcare software solutions is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of healthcare workflows, processes, and regulatory requirements.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
If you have the required expertise and a desire to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to apply.
Altera is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at: