We have an exciting opportunity within our Industrial Services (IS) team for a candidate with a strong design background who is eager to advance their career with an award-winning, full-service design and consulting firm!
At EAPC, our team of more than 180 architects, engineers, interior designers, construction managers, and other professionals work together to create stunning structures and design for optimum performance.
This position will assist the Electrical Engineer with the plan, design, and specifications for low and medium voltage equipment, instrumentation, explosion suppression, systems, and lighting projects for heavy industry. They will assist with the preparation of proposals and estimations for clients of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the planning, designing, and writing of specifications for low and medium voltage distribution equipment, MCC�s, drives, instrumentation, control systems, and lighting.
- Assist in providing detailed cost estimates and preliminary cost studies.
- Assist with developing and reviewing specifications for equipment and construction.
- Assist with the selection of procuring and tracking equipment.
- Assist in conducting load flow, arc flash, and breaker coordination studies using ETAP or SKM.
- Develop conceptual designs and preliminary engineering studies / investigations.
- Review code to ensure compliance from several codes and standards.
- Enthusiastically work with clients, vendors, and internal team members to interpret and evaluate client requirements for successful project design.
- Research materials and concepts to advise and support design team on technical issues influencing electrical design concept development.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and professionally with multidisciplinary team members.
- Ability to positively interact with clients.
- Assist Electrical Engineers (PE) in reviewing material submittals and conducting on-site observations.
- Utilizing AutoCAD for developing electrical plans.
- Bachelors� or Masters� degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program.
- Passed FE or able to obtain within 6 months
- Excellent communication and follow through skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage time.
- Excellent design skills and possess attention to detail with appreciation for creative and thoughtful design.
- Ability to operate computers, copy machines, plotters, and telephones.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Experience with Bluebeam or similar PDF program a plus.
- Act professionally in both the workplace and at client facilities.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel and visit industrial job sites.
- Must possess valid driver�s license.
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
- Familiar with AutoCAD software a plus.
Do you want a career that offers challenging and interesting projects balanced with a quality lifestyle in an engaged and inviting community? Do you want professional development opportunities, mentoring, and advancement and growth opportunities? Then we we would love to talk to you to see if you would be a good fit to become the next EAPC'er!
At EAPC, enjoy competitive compensation, 401k with matching contributions, health insurance with dental and vision coverage, company paid life insurance and disability coverage, and discretionary annual profit-sharing bonuses.
Applications will be reviewed immediately. Following a conditional offer of employment, a motor vehicle background check and background check will be conducted.
EAPC is an equal opportunity employer disability/veteran.
If you need any assistance or accommodation completing this application, please contact human resources at 701-461-7481 or email email@example.com.