We have an exciting opportunity within our Industrial Services (IS) team for a candidate with a strong design background who is eager to advance their career with an award-winning, full-service design and consulting firm!
At EAPC, our team of more than 180 architects, engineers, interior designers, construction managers, and other professionals work together to create stunning structures and design for optimum performance.
This position will assist with the plan, design, and specifications for low and medium voltage equipment, instrumentation, explosion suppression, and lighting projects for heavy industry. They will assist with the preparation of proposals and estimations for clients of the company.
As an IS Electrical Engineer, you will:
- Plan, design, and write specifications for low and medium voltage distribution equipment, MCC�s, drives, instrumentation, control systems, and lighting.
- Assist in developing and reviewing detailed cost estimates and preliminary cost studies.
- Develop and review specifications for equipment and construction.
- Select and assist in procuring and tracking equipment.
- Conduct load flow, arc flash, and breaker coordination studies using ETAP or SKM.
- Develop conceptual designs and preliminary engineering studies / investigations.
- Oversee the development of detailed engineered designs by designers/drafters.
- Manage customer relations and interfaces associated with assigned projects and build potential for future business with current and new clients; act as a main point of contact with end clients for project duration.
- Manage direct resources and support resources involved in assigned projects including managing deadlines and budgetary constraints providing feedback on quality of output, maintaining quality control, and reviewing and approving expenses from consultants and others.
- Facilitate timely project coordination meetings with all disciplines and Principals in Charge and provide proper communication and feedback on project progress with direct report.
- Participate in, and lead if necessary, the project budgeting process with the Sector Leader and/or Principal in Charge
- Ensure the entry and integrity of all data into the business management software for all assigned projects.
To join us, you should have:
- Bachelors� or Masters� degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience; experience with consulting for or employment with industrial process facilities is preferred.
- Preference given to candidate with registration as a Professional Engineer, or ability to obtain within 1 to 2 years.
- Experience in sugar processing and production industries is preferred.
- Experience in power generation, food processing, oil/gas refinement, biofuels, or heavy industrial is a plus.
- Field or construction management experience preferred.
- Experience with project management preferred.
- Ability to travel and visit industrial job sites.
- Experience with construction management a plus.
- Familiar with AutoCAD software a plus.
- Familiar with construction site safety requirements, OSHA safety training is a plus
- Ability to operate computers, copy machines, plotters, and telephones.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams).
- Experience with Bluebeam or similar PDF program a plus.
- Self-motivated and able to manage time with minimal oversight.
- Act professionally in both the workplace and at client facilities.
- Must possess driver's license.
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
Do you want a career that offers challenging and interesting projects balanced with a quality lifestyle in an engaged and inviting community? Do you want professional development opportunities, mentoring, and advancement and growth opportunities? Then we we would love to talk to you to see if you would be a good fit to become the next EAPC'er!
At EAPC, enjoy competitive compensation, 401k with matching contributions, health insurance with dental and vision coverage, company paid life insurance and disability coverage, and discretionary annual profit-sharing bonuses.
Applications will be reviewed immediately. Following a conditional offer of employment, a motor vehicle background check and background check will be conducted.
EAPC is an equal opportunity employer disability/veteran.
If you need any assistance or accommodation completing this application please contact human resources at 701-461-7481 or email email@example.com.