We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our commercial building design team and help drive our success and deliver outstanding results to our clients.
At EAPC, our team of more than 180 architects, engineers, interior designers, construction managers, and other professionals work together to create stunning structures and design for optimum performance.
As an Electrical Engineer at EAPC, you will:
- Manage one or more small to medium-sized projects and/or a portion of a large projects
- Be involved in development of new business opportunities and support of existing clients
- Provide oversight and mentoring of the work performed by junior staff
- Assist with design of low to mid-rise commercial, medical, educational and industrial facilities, complete site observations and inspections, and technical report creation
- Plan, design, and provide specifications of low and medium voltage power systems and lighting projects.
- Develop technical solutions to deliver the design through documentation and detailing while preserving the design intent
- Apply computerized analysis and design tools
- Participate in all project design phases along with construction administration
- Complete necessary project related calculations and authoring of specifications
- Perform project management duties including assisting individual project managers with the development and management of project budgets, scopes, fees, and production coordination with progression toward independently performing these duties
- Collaborate with multiple professional disciplines and be required to work within project deadlines
- Demonstrate an ongoing and consistent ability to work within the EAPC team culture
- Foster a commitment to external and internal client service
To join us, you should have:
- Bachelor�s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a firm or consulting environment
- Registration as a Professional Engineer preferred, not required
- Project management and business development understanding
- Experience in 3D modeling, visualization, and modeling software; REVIT, SKM and AutoCAD strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of engineering systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects
- Willingness to travel as required to meet project and corporate demands
- Ability to understand and communicate with professionals of other disciplines
- Valid driver's license
- Eligible work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
The position will report directly to the Electrical Engineering Department Lead and will work as an integrated member of a multi-discipline, in-house team of engineers, architects, and drafting technicians.
Benefits include a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, paid vacation and personal leave, 401k with matching contributions, health/dental/vision insurance, company paid life insurance and disability coverage, discretionary annual profit-sharing bonuses and a career that offers challenging and interesting projects balanced with a quality lifestyle in an engaged and inviting community.
Applications will be reviewed immediately. Following a conditional offer of employment, a motor vehicle background check and background check will be conducted.
EAPC is an equal opportunity employer disability/veteran.
If you need any assistance or accommodation completing this application, please contact human resources at 701-461-7481 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.