There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois - Moline
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Engineer, Product Development - 101323
As an Engineer, Product Development for John Deere Harvester Works located in Moline, IL, you will be working on seeding systems aimed to feed and clothe the world. This position will be a part of the Commodity Placement team for planters and air seeding. As a team member you will innovate, evaluate, and implement solutions to meet product requirements, cost targets and project schedules on Planter and/or Air Seeding Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) Programs as well as new feature projects. In addition, you will:
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with the appropriate functional team members from quality, manufacturing, supply management, and product support, as well as product development engineers, PV&V engineers, marketing, suppliers, customers, and leadership.
- Create 3D CAD models, drawings with appropriate specifications to deliver production designs.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years of experience in product design and testing or CI process execution
- 3 or more years of experience in Creo 3D modeling, drawing and assembly
- PDM Windchill and SAP skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability and experience working in a self-directed mode
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically, based on business needs
What Makes You Stand Out
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience with John Deere business processes (i.e. SAP, PDMLink)
- Experience with Row Crop Planters and Air Seeding equipment
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering or a related Engineering degree.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement.
Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.