What you’ll be responsible for:
- Define best practices for data platform implementations.
- Create implementation, monitoring, and alerting solutions for data platforms.
- Design, manage, and deploy infrastructure as code solutions.
- Design data solutions for business units and software engineering teams.
- Develop data pipelines to support BU and software engineers’ data requirements.
- Ensure data solutions meet security and audit requirements.
- Documents all activities and may train and mentor others on how to support data engineering processes.
What you will need to have:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in data engineering and software development
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related industry experience field
What would be nice for you to have:
- Relational databases, SQL Server, Google Spanner, Google BigQuery, or PostgreSQL preferred
- Document databases, MongoDB preferred
- Stream processing solutions, Kafka or Pub/Sub preferred
- Search solutions, MongoDB preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with data solutions in cloud platforms such as Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge in writing infrastructure as code through products like Terraform or Ansible
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, or C#.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience or knowledge of Agile Software Development processes
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills