At Physicians for Social Responsibility, we thrive when our people thrive. We’re currently looking for an Executive Assistant to be a supportive force who empowers our senior leadership. The ideal candidate will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. This person should have experience working in an office environment, as well as remotely, performing administrative duties, and providing support to our Executive Director. Given the dynamic nature of the executive landscape, we rely on executive assistants to be flexible and consistent while maintaining the confidentiality of high-level systems and operations.
Objectives of this role
- Support the Executive Director primarily and provide additional support to executive team members, as directed, to ensure that the organization's goals and objectives are accomplished and that operations run efficiently
- Maintain and refine internal processes that support the Executive Director, and coordinate internal and external resources to expedite workflows
- Manage communication with employees by liaising with internal and external leaders on various projects and tasks
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure that executives’ priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld
- Manage professional and personal scheduling for the Executive Director, including agendas, mail, email, phone calls, and other organizational logistics
- Coordinate complex scheduling and calendar management, as well as content and flow of information to directors and managers.
- Manage Executives’ travel logistics and activities, including accommodations, transportation, and meals. Submit receipts and expense reports.
- Provide administrative and office support, such as typing, dictation, spreadsheet creation, research, and maintenance of the filing system and contacts database
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials
- Organize team communications and plan events, both internal and off-site
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Secures information by completing database backups and encrypting if needed.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems and recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required skills and qualifications
- Four or more years of experience in an administrative role reporting directly to upper management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and an ability to organize and coordinate multiple concurrent projects
- Proficiency with office productivity tools and an aptitude for learning new software and systems
- Flexible team player, willing to adapt to changes and unafraid of challenges
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information related to the organization and its employees
- Commitment to public health and social, environmental, and racial justice
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and develop solutions
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Experience in overseeing budgets and expenses and some finance experience
- Experience in developing internal processes and filing systems
Employment Status: Full-Time Salaried
Location: The position is based in Los Angeles, CA. We are temporarily working remotely, however, qualified applicants should reside in the Metro Los Angeles region and be able to work in a Los Angeles-based office.
Compensation: Salary ranging from $65,000 - $75,000 based on experience. PSR-LA offers a robust benefits package that includes employer-paid healthcare, dental, and vision premiums for employees and dependents, as well as paid time off, professional development, and staff wellness benefits. 2 weeks PTO and an additional 2 weeks off at the end of the year.
Preferred Start Date: July 2023
To Apply: Please upload a cover letter and resume for consideration to Forms or Email Jobs@psr-la.org
This position is open until filled. PSR-LA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Physicians for Social Responsibility - Los Angeles (PSR-LA)
PSR-LA is a physician membership organization focused on supporting environmental justice communities and promoting policies centered on the needs of frontline communities. For over a decade, PSR-LA has worked with a broad range of community-based organizations, health professionals and residents who are impacted by the cumulative impacts of racism, poverty, and pollution. Focusing specifically on issues of toxic chemicals, air pollution, healthy land uses, equitable development, and the threats posed by nuclear weapons, PSR-LA provides health education, research, and policy solutions and we engage a wide range of groups, communities, and health professionals. Our work builds power for collective action to protect human health and the environment.
The majority of PSR-LA staff members are people of color and for the last 20 years, our growth has been led by a woman of color. Our work is deeply aligned with the environmental justice movement and we are emerging as a strong public health voice for a just transition from the COVID-19 pandemic and the climate crisis. Our collective work to build a more caring, restorative economy demonstrates how the health voice can support the creation of resilient communities.