- Plan, execute, and evaluate programs in the areas of Agriculture and Natural Resources with emphasis in horticulture.
- Keep abreast of the latest information in Agriculture, Marketing and Community Economic Development to meet the educational needs of the county.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Extension staff, commercial producers, green industry, agri-business, agricultural agencies, and organizations, and general public.
- Develop a cadre of supporters and volunteers to aid in the delivery of programs.
- Secure extramural funds through grants, fee-based programs, and gifts.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of program accomplishments and impacts into the UT Extension reporting system.
- Responsible to the County Director in all administrative and program matters.
- Provide leadership for a program of activities that meets the needs of all eligible clientele regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion or veteran status.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
- A complete application package will include a 1) letter of interest, 2) resume or curriculum vitae, and 3) official or unofficial transcripts showing degree(s) conferred.
UT Extension Phone\: (865) 974-7245
212 D Morgan Hall Fax\: (865) 974-0882
Knoxville TN 37996-4525
Web Site\: http\://utextension.tennessee.edu
Position X2254\: Extension Agent, Shelby County
Program Area\: Agriculture
Clientele Served\: Adult
Headquarters\: Memphis, TN
Screening of applicants’ credentials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Date Issued\: 04/11/2023
Effective Date\: 06/01/2023
Commensurate with training and experience. This position is funded jointly by UT Extension and Shelby County. Shelby County Government funds 55% of the position salary and benefits costs.
Group hospitalization and life insurance; State Retirement; Workers' Compensation; sick and annual leave; numerous University of Tennessee and state benefits programs, including liberal time off for holidays, and longevity pay after three years of service; reimbursement for official travel.
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), ADA (disability), ADEA (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996-3560, telephone (865) 974-2498 (V/TTY available) or 974-2440. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.