This position will assist with the planting, tillage, irrigation, chemical or fertilizer application, harvesting and delivery to packaging and/or processing facilities for all crops. The position may also require to change duties and/or locations often and engage in various general functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with land preparation and crop production on designated parcels of land.
- Perform chemical and fertilizer applications.
- Run irrigation systems and inject chemicals and/or fertilizers.
- Assist with harvesting activities by using lower level harvesting equipment, including hand harvested and machine harvested crops.
- Construct and/or install a variety of frames to support plants, bushes and/or berries.
- General maintenance, repairs and/or clean-up of storage sheds, pivot points, buildings, fences, gates, barns and all farm equipment.
- Ensure that operational areas are organized and well maintained.
- Perform low level maintenance/preventative maintenance to farm equipment.
- Examples are; fuel, lube and adjust as needed.
- Notification to farm shop and/or supervisor for malfunctions.
- Maintain harvest records and product information to report to food safety and shipping.
- Work with and support H2-A workers.
- Transporting of produce to packaging and processing facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to work around and be trained in the use/handling of farming chemicals. Ability to work outdoors during entire shift, which can occur during the day and at night. Ability to operate a pick-up truck. Ability to manipulate small parts. Ability to operate, enter and exit a farming tractor and/or a Ryder/U-Haul truck. Ability to work on uneven terrain both on foot and while aboard moving equipment. Ability to work a flexible schedule that could be day or night during the spring production season (e.g. frost protection). Ability to continuously work with product and equipment at ground level. Ability to inspect equipment and product. Ability to inspect irrigation equipment, drip irrigation lines, overhead PVC irrigation, and make routine repairs as necessary. Must be able to climb a ladder or work on a man lift. Must be able to work in different temperatures (working temperatures as hot as 100° to 110° F and could be below 32° F during frost protection). Must be able to work in a high noise area. Ability to move irrigation pipe, seed bags and buckets, and other supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Must be able to move items weighing up to 30 lbs. to a height of 5’.