The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We are a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
Under general direction, performs mechanical work on a wide variety of farm equipment.
- Under limited supervision, work with the Operations team to support the daily operations of a busy agriculturalshop.
- Performs varied responsibilities such as: equipment and plant maintenance including welding, pump and engine overhauls, painting, and general housekeeping responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and perform scheduled and preventive maintenance on trucks, tractors, andassorted farm equipment.
- In charge of all 90- Day BIT inspections
- Operate farm equipment as needed.
- Servicing equipment including wheel bearings, brakes, lights, etc.
- Be able to read and write work orders.
- Monitoring product application by calculating amounts, calibrating equipment, controlling application rates, and cleaning and storing equipment after application process.
- Miscellaneous duties such as assisting with special projects, attending training sessions, providing back-up when needed, etc.
|High school diploma or general education degree (GED)|
- 1+ years related experience and/or training
- Class A CDL license
- One plus years related experience.
- Experience with farm machinery
- Mechanical experience.
- Knowledge of basic farm equipment and operation.
- Ability to do a variety of tasks in succession.
Job Requisition ID: 14136
Travel Required: None
Location(s): SGS Retail Edison - Bakersfield
Country: United States
Wage range or rate of pay: $22.00 - $27.00/HR
The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Attractive total rewards package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (where applicable)
- Relocation Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Education Assistance (where applicable)
- Benefits details available at simplotbenefits.com
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**