CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Animal Nutrition group. We are looking for a Feed Plant Manager to oversee our operations at our Dickenson, ND location.
- Manage the total operation of the feed production facility according to divisional objectives while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit.
- Evaluate the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the Regional Manager.
- Develop and maintain the daily manufacturing schedule and logistics of feed operations.
- Supervise and support training of all plant personal with emphasis on improving productivity, food safety, and developing a safe working environment.
- Coordinate ingredient purchasing, formulation, pricing with Central Support office.
- Coordinate and supervise ordering, receiving and positioning of ingredient inventories.
- Supervise plant transportation fleet to assure efficient use and customer service/satisfaction. Ensure DOT compliance.
- Supervise office functions including accurate accounting and reporting.
- Initiate budget consistent with plant needs and corporate goals.
- Monitor daily operations and expenses to fall within budgetary guidelines.
- Coordinate and submit required requisition request for spending approval of plant supplies and repair parts purchases.
- Monitor and ensure customer credit levels are maintained. Ensure company credit policy is enforced.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to improve existing programs of manufacturing facility housekeeping, safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit safety hazards.
- Supervise and assure that plant is operated in a safe, clean and efficient manner, complying with all company and government regulations.
- Manage the staff through responsible training, clear job assignment definition and explanation, correct deficient performance, and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Provide work direction to the department supervisors and staff. Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Oversee, monitor, and enforce all company policies and procedure. Identify and correct workplace hazards, unsafe actions and conditions.
- 4+ years’ experience in manufacture, production and/or operations
- Prior leadership experience with progressively advancing level of leadership responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Working knowledge and experience with government regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, animal science or a related field
- Experience managing a feed mill
- Knowledge of Safe Feed / Safe Food programs
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.