RWE Renewables Americas LLC
To start as soon as possible, full time, permanent
California/West Coast Fisheries Liaison - Offshore Wind
Full-time, Hybrid or remote eligible
RWE Renewables Americas LLC, United States (US)
To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
Functional area: Offshore Renewables
RWE Renewables' US Offshore Development Team is looking for a California/West Coast Fisheries Liaison to support the development of floating offshore wind project opportunities in the USA
- Support the development of large and complex US West Coast offshore wind projects through leading role on all applicable fisheries topics
- Lead engagement with all relevant fisheries stakeholders, including, but not limited to: commercial and recreational fisheries, seafood processors, tribal fisheries, fisheries researchers and academic institutions; relevant state federal, and regional fisheries agencies, , ports and marine tourism industries, and relevant environmental non-profit organizations
- Lead development of West Coast offshore wind projects' fisheries engagement strategies and engagement plans for all phases of the project including site investigation surveys, project development, monitoring, construction, and operations. Advise internal team members on all West Coast fisheries-related topics and project requirements, including coordination across workstreams (e.g. technical, commercial) and "early and often" communication with Fisheries Manager and senior management regarding fishery related project milestones and progress against overall timelines
- Coordinate development of fisheries research, monitoring, and mitigation strategies and initiatives with Fisheries Manager and across internal workstreams
- Lead and manage external consultancies engaged in support of projects' fisheries-related activities
- HSE: Promote RWE Renewables "We Care" health and safety standards and procedures; ensure that both local and global best practices and learnings are implemented across projects
- Master’s degree in Marine Sciences, Marine Affairs, Natural resource management, or a related field is preferred
- Experience working for or with state, federal or regional fisheries management entities, and/or similar experience preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience engaged in US-specific fisheries and maritime stakeholder topics
- Project management and leadership experience preferred
- Results-oriented and entrepreneurial mindset, ability to analyze and summarize complex marine affairs topics and aggregate decision-relevant information to convey messages clearly and concisely in both written and presentation form
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with people of different backgrounds and cultures; must be a team player with a proven ability to communicate and collaborate across functions and at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated experience with marine fisheries topics, specifically US fisheries regulations and management, offshore wind policies and guidelines, stakeholder engagement, and regional fisheries science.
- Demonstrated experience managing external consultants and/or internal teams working on deadline driven deliverables.
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 82021, application deadline .
Any questions? Contact in Recruiting: Paul Blimberg, , Contact in the specialist department: Rick Robins,
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.